10 days to go...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

talltimtam

I have only 10 days left before my service plus contact expires and with the changes with MBs view of service contracts I doubt I will be able to get another one.

My car has 2500 miles to go before the next C service. Do you think the dealer will service it within the next 10 days so that I can the maximum out of the service plus contract before it expires ?

Update, rang my local MB garage and they will do the service under the service plus contract even though the car has a couple of thousand miles to go before it really needs it. Car is booked in for Friday morning....result !!!!

In theory, if you wanted to be absolutely sure, drive the car and get others to help, for about 300 miles per day for the next 9 days and have the car already booked in for the tenth day.

Just a suggestion, that’s what I would do.

Dec

In theory, if you wanted to be absolutely sure, drive the car and get others to help, for about 300 miles per day for the next 9 days and have the car already booked in for the tenth day.

Just a suggestion, that’s what I would do.

Dec

and how much would it cost to drive the 2500 miles both in £ and in "wasted" time? (i won't even mention the environmental impact :) )

and how much would it cost to drive the 2500 miles both in £ and in "wasted" time? (i won't even mention the environmental impact :) )

In fuel and wasted time, but you'd have fun- treat it as a holiday. A bugger the environment, its joyless @ best being green.

Depends on the car, about £400, that’s about 4 hours labor at a dealer, then it depends what work might need to be done, if there were a major job needing attention, that of course would be down to luck, then it could exceed the £400 he spends in petrol, that is, supposing he is out of warrant and the dealer wasn’t as cooperative as the turned out to be

He might just break even but then he would have made a loss on the environmental damage as well as his time, so your probably right, it wouldn’t be a good idea after all.

Dec

I dont need to do the extra miles, when I spoke with the service guy at the MB garage and explained the situation they were more happy to do the service with the 2K miles to go all under Service Plus, ...which was nice..

That was very fair of them. Out of curiosity, if the dealer had said no, that the wouldn’t do the work as the service wasn’t due because the mileage hadn’t been reached.

What would you have done, bearing in mind if there were any major faults found you would have been liable for them as Service Plus would have expired. Would you take a chance or would you drive the miles?

Dec

Do you know how many miles you've covered since the last service?

Topping up the oil extends the variable service count down and so maybe your car is elligible for a service on Service Plus as a minimum mileage threshold has been exceeded?

Okay got the car back with a full C service. They also mentioned that the front tyres needed replacing which I knew about and intend to do with my local tyre bar and save £75 from the MB quote. Nice thing as well is that I now need 12K miles to the next service accoridng to Assyst, so they must have set the computer up to allow for this service being 2K miles being done before its due date.

Right here comes the nice bit ....

Bought Service Plus on my then 3 year old W211 E320CDI for £55 a month based on 6K miles per annum. Only 8 days left of a year contract which cannot be renewed as MB have stopped offering service plus and in that time I have acutally done something more like 12k miles, during which I have had the following done to the car :

B service £450+
4 Brake disk/pads done £350
C Service £650+

So in all my £660 for one years service plus contract has acutally paid for £1450+ of work !!!!! God bless you Mercedes Benz I love you...

Problem now is what I do next as far as warranty cover, my MB service manager tells me its very expensive and will give me a call next week to discuss options....<gulp>

If the mileage is recorded - which it almost certainly is - then Service Plus may well come back on you for the excess mileage. Might not be quite the bargain it currently is, but hopefully better value than paying for services yourself.

Problem now is what I do next as far as warranty cover, my MB service manager tells me its very expensive and will give me a call next week to discuss options....<gulp>

Now is the time to start using an Indy:D

If the mileage is recorded - which it almost certainly is - then Service Plus may well come back on you for the excess mileage.

How could they charge you.? I know technically they could but how.

There is something which entitles them to review if mileage alters significantly. On mine I seem to have guestimated about right, but given that they used the mileage which a dealer got wrong when they repaired the car and added 30,000 miles I am curious to see what happens in 2 years time!

David

If the mileage is recorded - which it almost certainly is - then Service Plus may well come back on you for the excess mileage. Might not be quite the bargain it currently is, but hopefully better value than paying for services yourself.

How could they charge you.? I know technically they could but how.

They most definitely will and for double the milage in the last year expect a significant bill!! I got £182 for 2k more. It's all in the contract. They take it out of the direct debit. You get a letter beforehand telling you it's coming though and how much. And to bo honest only fair as the price they quote is based on your given mileage. Some would quote significantly lower miles just to get a lower price and know they were going to do a lot more. It's only fair when you think about it.

Lets wait and see I will keep you posted. If they stick to the letter and charge me another £500 I will still be quids in overall.

Just thought I would update this thread and let you know that I havent been charged or had any additional direct debts charged to me under the now expired Service Plus contract.

Just thought I would update this thread and let you know that I havent been charged or had any additional direct debts charged to me under the now expired Service Plus contract.

Just curious. Are you on your own now? (not in the matrimonial sense:D) but is simply "service only" now the only available option to you or can you renew "service + repairs".

Portzy.

Have no cover now, MB will not renew my service plus contract as they no longer offer it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom