10% discount on new W205 C Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roger Bill

Car
W205 C200 Petrol
Just noticed some very attractive prices for the new W205 C Class models and options on www.Carfile.net For example, C200 Sport automatic £30,350 recommended on the road price is discounted down to £26,788.40 which is more than 10% off and the £895 Airmatic air suspension option is £787.60 Unfortunately they don't have pricing for the premium and premium plus packages but prices for most other options are listed.

For a newly released car these seem incredibly good discounts. Am I missing something? I understand Carfile cars are new (not pre-registered) and are supplied by UK main dealers.

Our local dealer in Italy (Guidicar) has W205s in stock with a discount of up to 12,000 euros depending on model. They are mostly diesels, manual and autos in white, silver or black. Perhaps sales are not going as well as expected.

For a newly released car these seem incredibly good discounts. Am I missing something? I understand Carfile cars are new (not pre-registered) and are supplied by UK main dealers.
It will be brand new car. They will put you in touch with the dealer. In past I was contacted by Boston and more recently by Stoke on Trent dealer. I've got higher discount than Drive The Deal was able to offer.

When I bought my c250 in 2011 I got 12.5% off list price. Deals can always be done

One could be forgiven for missing the time when there was a two year waiting list on a new model Merc or being asked for 20% above list.

Where will it all end...

Widespread heavy discounting on list doesn't bode well for retained value/ trade in values in 2-3 years time. So you might buy it cheap--- but come it's time to sell--------??

Widespread heavy discounting on list doesn't bode well for retained value/ trade in values in 2-3 years time. So you might buy it cheap--- but come it's time to sell--------??
On this basis, it'll be interesting to see Lease prices as well, get in early before any come on the 2nd hand market?

Ill just shed some light if i may, as a Mercedes-Benz sales executive.

Mercedes have just started offering a small level of support to dealers to help get the numbers of new W205's out quick. Theres some good risidual prices offered on personal contracts (PCP - Mercedes Agility). Contact me if anyone would like any more info.

MercedesMatt said:
Ill just shed some light if i may, as a Mercedes-Benz sales executive. Mercedes have just started offering a small level of support to dealers to help get the numbers of new W205's out quick. Theres some good risidual prices offered on personal contracts (PCP - Mercedes Agility). Contact me if anyone would like any more info.
Hi,I ordered on a PCP back in May. In the region of £600 support from MBFS. Just seen this support has almost doubled since 1st July. Can the additional support be factored in on a confirmed order retrospectively? Rgds

Ill just shed some light if i may, as a Mercedes-Benz sales executive.

Mercedes have just started offering a small level of support to dealers to help get the numbers of new W205's out quick. Theres some good risidual prices offered on personal contracts (PCP - Mercedes Agility). Contact me if anyone would like any more info.

Cheers Matt, would prefer Merc to provide more assistance with the production times - a small discount isn't enough consideration for a 5 month wait for a standard C250 Sport IMO.

I'm trying to see a positive aspect to this argument, but I can't. I'd rather have my big discount up front and then another on the next new car than dangle in the air hoping for a better trade-in down the line. Given that I'm a 4-5 year man rather than a serial car swapper, the trade in value idea has never convinced me.

Hi,I ordered on a PCP back in May. In the region of £600 support from MBFS. Just seen this support has almost doubled since 1st July. Can the additional support be factored in on a confirmed order retrospectively? Rgds

Hmmmm? Yeah no problem at all, we can knock the other £6000 off that folk are now getting too. :p

Seriously, did you put the £500 deposit down?
How much discount did you get overall?
It may be worth loosing that and seeing what deals you can get if you order again now.

gIzzE said:
Hmmmm? Yeah no problem at all, we can knock the other £6000 off that folk are now getting too. :p Seriously, did you put the £500 deposit down? How much discount did you get overall? It may be worth loosing that and seeing what deals you can get if you order again now.
£800.00 I total. Was a factory order C250 AMG Line Auto Premium Plus Metallic + Privacy Glass. Ordered mid May, and dealer would give nothing other than £250.00 on top of Finance offer. £250 paid as deposit. Told car will arrive 12th August.

Ordered last week and managed to get just shy of £2,000 by way of dealer contribution and discount. It seems that as MercedesMatt says, only now are some discounts being offered.

The discount is a bit soured by the fact that on top of the 5 weeks being added to the delivery date because of the move of RH production to South Africa, there are now further delays if you order a Premium Plus pack. There seems to be an issue with supply of the sunroofs.

£800.00 I total. Was a factory order C250 AMG Line Auto Premium Plus Metallic + Privacy Glass. Ordered mid May, and dealer would give nothing other than £250.00 on top of Finance offer. £250 paid as deposit. Told car will arrive 12th August.

Drivethedeal are offering £4800 off that spec, so may be worth emailing drivethedeal and finding out lead times?

They may have a dealer who has one with metallic already allocated, so you wont wait any longer for your car and you will save £4000 even after loosing your £250.

I got 10% off a brand new W212 from a Merc dealer four months after its release.

It was a base spec petrol model stock car so maybe that played a part.

Drivethedeal are offering £4800 off that spec, so may be worth emailing drivethedeal and finding out lead times?

They may have a dealer who has one with metallic already allocated, so you wont wait any longer for your car and you will save £4000 even after loosing your £250.

Wow, I've now seen that too, so going back to my original query - I'm interested to know thoughts whether anyone has had experience of the current dealer renegotiating on an already ordered car, rather than run the risk of a potential cancellation?

I'll approach Drive The Deal for a quote, I do have a feeling though that that level of discount at the front end will be negated by a lower residual on the back end. The deal I agreed to factored in £23800.00 residual after 24 months.

What deposit are you putting down on the finance, I will do some sums for you?

I am guessing you paid £37,500 for your car?

Say if you put down a £3500 deposit.

And have a £23800 balloon you should be paying Mercedes £558 a month on their current 5.5% APR rate.

Does that sound right?

Now, if you were to order throuh drivethedeal or maybe a friendly dealer on here.
You could be saving £4800 on list, so £33700.

If you were to do that over 2 years you could have a £19500 balloon at the end for £560 a month.
This means you would have just over £4k equity or you may still throw the keys back.

If you had the balloon at £23k you would be down to £420 a month.

£23800 balloon brings the monthly down to £391.

£391 vs £588 is a big difference!!

I would lose the the £250 deposit if they don't cut you a deal.

Wow, I've now seen that too, so going back to my original query - I'm interested to know thoughts whether anyone has had experience of the current dealer renegotiating on an already ordered car, rather than run the risk of a potential cancellation?

I'll approach Drive The Deal for a quote, I do have a feeling though that that level of discount at the front end will be negated by a lower residual on the back end. The deal I agreed to factored in £23800.00 residual after 24 months.

Guaranteed value should be the same regardless of dealer discount or lack of it. In my case it looked on documentation that I'm paying more deposit than I actually did but guaranteed value was exactly the same as on finance example on MB website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom