1000 miles on a tank of diesel.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G-A-R-Y

Car
W210 320 CDI Estate
I'm a little bemused, a few weeks ago I talked my daughter (18) into buying a Peugeot 206 1.4HDi (03 plate)
As a present I gave her a tank of diesel. I keep asking how's that new car going?
Still on the same tank of diesel dad.

How many miles have you done?
911 and I'm on a quarter of a tank now.

Can't be right, I checked and it's on 911 miles.
Makes my W210 MPG look ridiculous.

Maybe...I've heard VERY good things about the 1.4HDI Engine, a freind of mine does 700+ miles on his easily, but that's pretty much on motorways at 60mph, he's abit paranoid because he got hit with a speeding ticket 6 months ago.

Unless you're counting the miles before the tank was filled; i.e. she didn't reset the fuel computer/trip computer.

Hello,

Sounds great, must be light footed, I thought my wife does well getting 45mpg out of her A210.

What does that work out to the gallon?

ooh and how did you wrap the present up, bet she was made up with that :eek:)

I'm a little bemused, a few weeks ago I talked my daughter (18) into buying a Peugeot 206 1.4HDi (03 plate)
As a present I gave her a tank of diesel. I keep asking how's that new car going?
Still on the same tank of diesel dad.

How many miles have you done?
911 and I'm on a quarter of a tank now.

Can't be right, I checked and it's on 911 miles.
Makes my W210 MPG look ridiculous.

Jeez that is fantastic as they only have 5 gallon tanks.....lol

Well at least it shows she's not thrashing it.

How much was a tank of diesel or how large a tank does it have.

Last car I knew had a 1000 mile range was the old Audi 100.

Edited now Pam..

Last edited:
Just had a quick Google, they do seem to be very economical little cars (78.5 MPG Extra Urban :eek:) but even so that's a long way on a tank - 11 gallons, apparently, Mr. crockers ;).

If she's really getting that kind of MPG I'd be on the phone to Norris McWhirter..

Cheers,

Gaz

I make that 110mpg. no way is she doing 110mpg!

The tank only has a 50l cap , so she still has 12.5l still in it.

Begs the question of how long the car was being towed for?

Wow - an Audi with 100 mile range tank - that's fantastic :devil: :D :D :D

LOL..that was the V8 4.2 litre petrol.

the 2.5 diesel has 1000 mile range...;)

I'm going to zero the trip next refill.
I thought 911 miles was too good to be true.
Thing is I'm sure I re-set the trip the first time?

She does drive slow BUT keeps the air-con running all the time?

Do you know the mileage from when she bought the car?

I think we haven't re-set the trip correctly.
Got the car on the Thursday and had it serviced at Peugeot five days later (Tuesday) Mileage on the service book is 58,505 and we are now on 58,911

The trip is on 911 as well, I don't understand why they are on the same (911) unless some one re-set the trip at exactly 58,000.

Or call in...

Peugeot-man...!

**Cue his peugeot breaking down**

My wife had a C3 with the same engine, and driving around she was regurlarly getting 65-70mpg...

Must admit, what I got in the C1 was very impressive - was petrol, but about 80 miles took 8 litres :rock:

I once sold a brand new Renault Clio 1.5dCi 65, and on its first ever trip home back to Scotland it averaged 85mpg!!! :)

makes my 39.2 mpg average over 38000 miles look rather poor............

I once had a Citroen AX 14D that easily did 1000 km with 38 litres. I quit trying to go further because I was afraid the meter had stuck! When the low fuel light went permanently on I once managed 126 km till it stopped. Opened hood, pumped the fuel back in and got to the petrol station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom