"1000 SEC" cabriolet seen in West End today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickg

MB Enthusiast
Car
2000 SL500, 2005 Touareg 5.0 V10 diesel
Baker Street around 10.20 this morning to be precise.
Would have got a picture but was on my bike at the time.

White SEC with full colour-coded bodykit (and badges etc) and converted to cabriolet with a blue hood.
Badge on the back says "1000 SEC"

Total mess of a car, though looked tidy enough (if you know what I mean).
Is anyone here willing to admit to owning it?

I must confess that in my far distant youth , i once acquired a badge from the back of a car near where i used to live in Harrow. It was a gold plated :crazy: 1000SEL badge and it had pride of place on my wardrobe door......

Knowing what i know now, i wish i could go and give it back to the people who owned it before me ....... :(

I hang my head in shame......

Howard - just admit it. Your penchant for pimpmobiles got the better of you and it WAS YOU cruising down Baker St in your ragtop 10 litre beast.
Does it have that trick suspension that jumps up and down?

I'll tell you what, if i had the cash, i would love to cruise round in something so totally over the top as that !! :D Hydraulic suspension, testarossa doors, neons , my name embroidered on the headrests, you name it .

LOL !! I'll get my coat ! :rock:

EDIT : just noticed in your original post that it was white , if your gonna pimp it, its gotta be white !!! ;)

Anyone ever see the episode of MTV Cribs where the Shaq had the Testarossa styled Mercedes?

YUCK!

1000sel

Here is a pic of the other 1000 model. I remember seeing these around the Marble Arch area years back. Imported from the Middle East.

Attachments

• 1000sel.jpg
    1000sel.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 321
They're mentioned in Oct 2004 Merc Enthusiast in the performance section. Doesn't explain y they're "1000" tho. Some clients even had them widened when they ordered.

I must confess that in my far distant youth , i once acquired a badge from the back of a car near where i used to live in Harrow. It was a gold plated :crazy: 1000SEL badge and it had pride of place on my wardrobe door......

Knowing what i know now, i wish i could go and give it back to the people who owned it before me ....... :(

I hang my head in shame......

You bad harrow boy! lol

Still feel ashamed now :eek:

The two cars pictured in this thread are rather moderate examples of the work of a certain Mercedes 'Tuner' of the 1980s : on some of the cars the front end was restyled to resemble a 1930's Cord with slats that wrapped round onto the front wings ! Examples can be seen HERE

Where are these cars now i wonder ...

A225 VHX hasn't been taxed since '86 .... wonder if it's abroad or hidden in a garage somewhere ?

Where are these cars now i wonder ...

A225 VHX hasn't been taxed since '86 .... wonder if it's abroad or hidden in a garage somewhere ?

I was thinking the same thing too after seeing those pictures...

Great site. Some car conversions are laughable but shows what some millionaires including drug dealers and pimps could be driving in the 80s.

The Lorinser 500 in anthracite is a masterpiece though. Stunning car. The Carat cars are also attractive.

No , it was a chinese family ..... they had a 1000 SEL and a 1000 SEC both in metallic dark blue with gold badges ....

God , i was a horror when i was young .... :(

No , it was a chinese family ..... they had a 1000 SEL and a 1000 SEC both in metallic dark blue with gold badges ....

God , i was a horror when i was young .... :(

and you Think you are any better now!!

Not really , but i can recognise that what i did was wrong. :eek:

I have a brochure way back from 1983 about a company called Chameleon based in Park Lane London then, who did outrageous conversions on Mercedes, Range Rover etc ..... Crap scan of brochure below

Chameleon.jpg

Allot of strectched Mercs and RR.. mainly bought by Arabs I believe as most of the interiors were gold....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom