1000 SEC w126 is this real?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The badge is probably real.

The question really is does it have any relationship to the car to which it is now attached?

We have owned this car for 14 years, when I did the deal I asked if they had the original 560 badge, “Sir, this is a 1000sec” was the reply and I was given the original invoice for £78.000 and the Mercedes service book, all complete. At that price there was a premium of some £25,000 over the standard version and it was some £4000 more than the then current Bentley, which made it a very special car. Unfortunately over the years I have lost those valuable documents but do have some of the vehicle’s history.

Bit of a valuable document to lose?

The interior looks like Alcantara, which was a very expensive option when these were new (more than leather). But I'm not sold on the contrasting piping, I'm not sure if that was a factory option.

It needs more provenance to justify the price.

"Unfortunately over the years I have lost those valuable documents". So there is no actual evidence available to show that it is a 1000 SEL, and the interior doesn't suggest that it is?

Hmmmm.....

So it could just be a 560 with the 1000 badge added, then?

The wear on the driver's seat looks like more than 82000 miles worth, too.

I smell cattle. Bargepoles spring to mind...

Last edited:
Bit of a valuable document to lose?

Just a bit!

Despite knowing the car was special and owning it for 14 years, why doesn't he say who converted it rather than just naming various customising houses? Even if he's lost the paperwork would you forget who made it?

Another odd aspect is the (unmet) starting bid: £11888. Is the vendor superstitious about subtitles on teletext or something?

The interior looks like it could be a period upgrade but it does need more to justify as others have said. Also is it really worth much more not being factory done?

BIN @ Twenty six grand! People have been shot for less.

BIN @ Twenty six grand! People have been shot for less.

Probably on something strong. Think we can rule out a typo?

Probably on something strong.Think we can rule out a typo?

Oh, deffo there's no error. Our seller really does believe there's a sucker out there for his Thousaaaaaaand SEC or he's deluded due to smoking chemicals. :D

World is full of characters ..

Quite ...

I could start moaning on about it but I don't have the energy. Today's 'chancers' have worn me out.

Living alone on a desert island is so inviting ..

Will somebody please throw in a bid at £11888? The reserve won't be met so you're quite safe. Just don't break the deluded vendor's heart...

"Take care of yourself, and each other", as Mr Springer so sagely observed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom