1000 sel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
if that car has any paper work from strattons detailing any engine work then its not to much!

what engine work you are refering too the 1000 label does not mean much was done in the engine department, it was a marketing tool for selling as different from 500sel i believe

the 1000 sel is clearly just a stuck on period item for this car but the ad mentions engine work-
"The work done includes converting the front of the original Mercedes 500SEL to the 500SEC front end, while still retaining the spaciousness of the SEL ( Limo body), so what you have is Half SEC at the front and half SEL at the rear. Other work includes customising and lowering the suspension throughout the vehicle, with specially made spring units and also giving the engine an AMG work over. Supplied with original 80's BBS wheels and blacked out chrome, the car looks and drives like no other big Mercedes that I have ever had"

If there is no evidence of engine work (ie receipts) then its worth next to nothing

If there is no evidence of engine work (ie receipts) then its worth next to nothing

There's nothing about that car that would convince me it's got any AMG connections. The dechroming, the alloys and the SEC bonnet scream 'flash' and no subsistence.

They did do these things though, and the coupe front was an expensive thing to have done back then.
The stance isn't great though, I'd hazard a guess that the car has been lowered by an owner by cutting the front springs and not the rear, so maybe you're right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom