100m - That man Bolt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mudster

MB Enthusiast
Car
2008 A150 SE Classic, 2007 Saab 9-3 Sportwagon
On the whole the Olympics had been passing me by this time around. I'd kept half an eye on anything mildly interesting, but the 100m today was just something else.

It was astonishing, I'm now eagerly looking forward to the 200m races through the ealry part of this week and the final on Wednesday.

I also enjoy Michael Johnson's commentary, one of the finest athletes that ever lived, quite modest and comes across as a very pleasant chap.Glad the Beeb got him.

But did you see that Uk girl-dolphin ! 800metre freestyle, she was 2.12 seconds better that the world record, and about 6 seconds quicker than silver !!

[edit, and she's only 19]

Richard

I saw the womens gymnastics from 3.00am to 6.00am on friday morning ;)

I watched the Bolt race on BBC website, and was stunned - to be able to kill the record WHILST CELEBRATING THE LAST 10 METRES is insane. Also looking forward to the 200m!

What makes it more astonishing is it's only this guys 9th senior competitive race at 100m. What will he be running in 4 years time?

I watched the Bolt race on BBC website, and was stunned - to be able to kill the record WHILST CELEBRATING THE LAST 10 METRES is insane. Also looking forward to the 200m!

He is also the only one currently capable of eclipsing Michael Johnson's 200m 19.32:D

How much faster would he have been had he not started to look around and start waving though? :D

Been watching it on and off - the 100m was amazing (I hope Glojo's predictions are not proven). Waiting for MotoGP at the mo..

Mrs B and Junior B currently watching Indonesia/China Badminton on the other laptop..

Ade

The real scary thing about Bolt is that he broke the world record jogging!. What time could he do if he really tried?

Been watching Table Tennis (I know!) but only get TV coverage once every four years.

Cycling - Go Team GB.

Some of the Gymnastics is amazing

And Womens Beach Volleyball :devil:

Remember when we had a decent showing in track & field, a distant memory now.

Mike

There was a point in time this morning when Britain were third in the medal table behind China and the USA. Along time since that happened!

There was a point in time this morning when Britain were third in the medal table behind China and the USA. Along time since that happened!

Has it EVER happened before???

Paris 1900 GB were 3rd

London 1908 GB were 1st

Stockholm 1912 GB were 3rd

Antwerp 1920 GB were 3rd

:D :D

I was there to see it live....best money i ever spent.

he had his shoe lace undone as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom