110 miles at an average 115 mph.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BEJ

MB Enthusiast
Car
2019 VW Passat GT estate. SLK- now gone 2010 Hyundai I 10.
That got you! Although quite true,
albeit in a vehicle with only 100 horses.
Flew from Blackbushe to Portsmouth, on to Salisbury for a nice cuppa and then back to Blackbushe.
Great views over the Solent and New Forest, but unfortunately slightly hazy.

:p:bannana::p:bannana::p

Can I ask what you fly?

I used to be a partner in a Turbo Arrow group but I've now dropped out, mainly due spiralling costs!

I stopped when a C152 got to £50 per hour, which was about thirty years ago.

I shudder to think what it is now.

The Arrow was heading towards £200/hour when I gave up.

A pity because I enjoyed it, but since retiring I can't really justify it.

I fly anything I can get into. Recent flights have been - Oban via Blackpool and Prestwick in PA 28 Warrior and PA 32 Cherokee 6. ( 5 people sharing 2 aircraft), Bidford for a fly in a Tecnam 2000, and the flight yesterday again in the Tecnam.
Quite agree on prices, used to fly an Ikarus out of Lower Upham at £130.00 ph, but now belong to a flying charity called Aerobility which promotes flying for the disabled with highly subsidised prices. I always fly with an instructor as back up and someone to talk to, so £20.00 ph more expensive.
I pay £80.00 ph for the Tecnam, £120.00 ph for the PA28 and £160.00 ph for the PA 32. - All wet prices.

Good prices! Even a basic PA29 140 here is £140 per hour.

I've been gliding a few times. £18/hr + £8 for a winch launch or £28 for a tow to 2000ft.
Quite a bargain by comparison.

Being part of a 6 person syndicate the Piper Arrow Turbo running costs are not that bad, I average around 8 hours flying per month in the summer (June through to September) and between 36- 40 hours per annum overall but some of this is shared with friends so costs are reduced accordingly.

The Arrow is an old girl now but the retractable gear and variable pitch prop make it a pleasant cruiser, along with a friend we have ventured as far as Geneva and Morocco, like a car it has it's idiosyncrasies but I find it a rather straightforward aircraft and easy to trim out in a long flight makes it less tiring than some. I did briefly try the Cirrus SR22 but I still prefer the old girl :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom