1129 miles in 13 hours and a BMW 540i...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maff

MB Enthusiast
Pretty much the same as the last thread from Germany. This one was with a BMW 540i. You won't see him in front of me this time, as it was trying to catch up ;)

I let it over take me after about 10 minutes, as I would rather follow him, as I didn't know the road ahead and he seemed to know where to slow down etc.

Just as he turned off the Autobahn, he gave a thumbs up out of the window!

Right click, save as:

Video 1 (V8 soundtrack! )
Video 2

Last edited:
Great stuff matt.:bannana: :bannana:

On a technicality, I know on certain roads in Germany there is no speed limit, but do you know the police attitude to "Racing on a public road"?:confused: :confused:

On the Isle of Man there is also no speed limit on certain roads. When I asked a police officer what the speed limit was, he said "Whatever you like mate". But I know people have been done for "Racing" outside the official race period. Equally lots of amateur bikers get killed trying to copy the speed of the professionals.;)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Brian WH

On a technicality, I know on certain roads in Germany there is no speed limit, but do you know the police attitude to "Racing on a public road"?:confused: :confused:

I guess pretty much the same as the police over here. However, with so many cars traveling that fast overtaking one another on the 'no-limit' parts of the autobahn, it would be difficult for the police to tell the difference between normal driving and racing.

There was also an Audi that kept up with me and the BMW for a while, and he just seemed to be traveling normaly with his young son in the passengers seet!

I always made sure there was a big enough gap between any cars I was following, and the cars behind me seemed to do the same too.

Still, good fun :bannana:

Originally posted by Maff
I always made sure there was a big enough gap between any cars I was following, and the cars behind me seemed to do the same too.

At that speed "Very Wise".;) ;)

Maff,

Nice video - I have one from when I collected the SL55..however it was running in, so only 140 was achieved (which is within the recommended rev range!) I will try to edit it and send to you.

DB1

Originally posted by db1
Maff,

Nice video - I have one from when I collected the SL55..however it was running in, so only 140 was achieved (which is within the recommended rev range!) I will try to edit it and send to you.

DB1

Don't just send it to Maff?:confused:

Post it for all of us to see.

If you don't know how PM me mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom