1129 miles in 13 hours and a Porsche 911...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maff

MB Enthusiast
I've recently returned back from a trip to Hungary which was 1129 miles each way door to door. Passed through France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Austria and then Hungary.

I've come to the conclusion that car manufactures must have two sets of engines for cars... one set for Germany and one set for the rest of the world as all the cars in Germany seemed to go faster than me!

Anway, I had a few interesting encouters, one with a BMW 540i which lasted about 30 miles at 140mph+ and was pretty good fun.

The other was with a 993 911 Porsche which the videos below are from. As your see from the video's, there wasn't too much in it, however the bends on the autobahn stopped me getting to close to him. The speedo on my car only goes to 160mph so not too sure how fast we were going, the third video shows me slowing from 160+

You may need the latest Media player to view them.

Right click, save as:

Video 1
Video 2
Video 3

Excellent!!!:D

What it's built for:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

So when are you having the restrictor taken off.......?

I learnt to drive in Germany (father in the forces and all that) so I do understand the whole attitude to driving over there is different. For example flashing your lights at a slower car to let them know you're coming is completely acceptable - whereas here the a$%£hole would just sit in front of you!

Love the vids!

R

Nice one. I grabbed the vids at work, but could not get the right codecs and had to wait until I got home to view.

Cool!

Maff does "Getaway in Germany" :bannana:

The restrictor must be off if he was doing 160MPH+

Originally posted by Koolvin
The restrictor must be off if he was doing 160MPH+

Soooo good to see that car working out!

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
Soooo good to see that car working out!

If you turn the sound up you can sometimes here that V8 :)

(You can also hear the GF moaning! )

I also have videos of the BMW 540i if anyone's interested :D

Originally posted by Maff
If you turn the sound up you can sometimes here that V8 :)

(You can also hear the GF moaning! )

I also have videos of the BMW 540i if anyone's interested :D

Always interested!

Excellent Matt.:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

You didn't go that fast when I was in it?:rolleyes:

My wife chunters when I get to 100, let alone flat out when I'm on the continent.:crazy: :crazy:

Originally posted by Brian WH
Excellent Matt.:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

You didn't go that fast when I was in it?:rolleyes:

My wife chunters when I get to 100, let alone flat out when I'm on the continent.:crazy: :crazy:

I think we got to about 70ish Brian!!

Katalin doesn't mind the speed when there's another car involved, she quite likes it strangley enough! It's only when I get too close or too fast in corners that she moans! (Which is a good thing)

Those vids have soooooo made me want to come to the German GTG but the bank say "NO!" :( :( :(

Those trees' were going past bloody quick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom