12.5 inch Android 10 Head Unit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Swany500

Car
A207 Cabriolet
I had this fitted to my A207 E Class Convertible on NGT 5 and it was really a nice bit of kit. I traded my Merc in so thought it just to good to leave in car so removed it and its for sale on eBay if anyone is interested. Link to add here
Mercedes Head Unit Android 10 (8 core 8GB), 128GB Memory, 12.5 inch display, 4G | eBay
I will post in the for sale section as well if Admin allow this.

Looks fantastic!!

I have questions...

I have a C63, 2011 facelift model (W204) with the stock stereo that runs NTG4.5. I see that I would need another wiring loom. If I was to get this then would I be good to go?

Does this give you Apple CarPlay?

Did you fit it yourself? Does it come with fitting instructions?

Thanks very much in advance!!

Hi
For W204 I would think you need C Class backplate and NGT4.5 wiring loom, however, given looms are all ISO compatible it may work with NGT5 in the main, but it's about the Can Bus set up I think for Steering Wheel control compatibility. Head unit does give Apple Carplay and Android Auto. I had my Apple on it and it does look good.
I fitted system myself to my A207 convertible and was straight plug and play. There is also fitting instructions from head unit manufacturer.
There are several you tubes on how to do fit as well. Only bit that is a wee bit difficult is space behind your existing radio / cd player. You need to ensure new loom is pressed to the back of area to allow refitting. I used double sided sticky pads to help accommodate this and it was fine.

Here's YouTube link to some of the functionality I took when fitted:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Excellent!! I'm definitely interested. Just need to source the C-Class backplate and wiring loom.

I like how it still shows your climate control settings on the screen.

How does the dashboard work? Does it show your speedometer and trip info in real time? Does it need something plugged in the OBD Port?

Excellent!! I'm definitely interested. Just need to source the C-Class backplate and wiring loom.

I like how it still shows your climate control settings on the screen.

How does the dashboard work? Does it show your speedometer and trip info in real time? Does it need something plugged in the OBD Port?
No OBD needed it's just setting on main screen, click dashboard and it will show current RPM and Speed. There are add ons you can get for OBD that Bluetooth to an Android head unit and will show alot more info. TBH I'm too busy playing music videos...
One thing I did not show is that Android 10 can have split screen and you can have one half google maps and the other video (or anything app wise).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom