12 pin plug on TV Tuner (Harman & Becker)

PJayUK

Car
ML320 W163, E320 W210 & Jaguar X300-XJR6
I want to try and make an AUX cable to connect to the TV Tuner in my W220. The project requires a 12 pin block connector to get a line in to the left and right auxiliary inputs. I cant for the life of me locate one of the connectors plugs and I was hoping that somebody might know where I could get hold of one, or even what the damn thing is called.

Its for the Harmann and Becker unit in a 2000 W220

Cheers!

OP
OP
PJayUK

PJayUK

Car
Thanks, the tuner wasnt on there I guess cos' its quite an old model!

Appreciate it though thanks anyway

mr. shr

MB Enthusiast
I believe this is what we're after. Should be able to get one from MB if can work out the part number.

Attachments

OP
OP
PJayUK

PJayUK

Car
Thats the boy! I want one of those! I am taking my car to Tony Purslow's in the morning for an MOT so will ask them, but I dont hold out much hope without a part number tbh....

Still worth a try, there must be someone that sells these!

I emailed Mark and comandonline not had a response yet but ever hopeful!

mr. shr

MB Enthusiast
On EPC I can find listings for 10 pin and 18 pin connectors.
Are you sure it's a 12 pin connector for the TV tuner? (I'm pretty sure it is but never physically looked on the tuner itself).

OP
OP
PJayUK

PJayUK

Car
Well I counted the pinouts and there seems to be 12. Also on the harman and becker info (which I just emailed you) it seems to be a 12 pin job.

mr. shr

MB Enthusiast
Yep, defo a 12 pin block.
Reckon we can work it out with the pin drawing you sent me. (Although not sure which would be the video connectors, but I guess you are only looking for audio with your setup.)

I don't want to resort to buying ready made leads as I want two (one for AV2 also).
That's why it would be better for me to make one.
Will keep looking for a 12 pin MQS connector I think.

Edit: Just realised that FBAS is the video terminal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PJayUK

PJayUK

Car
I took my car in for an MOT today (it passed :)!!) and I got chatting to the guy in the parts department at Tony Purslow's. He had a good dig around on his system and reckon that the two connectors on the back of the tuner are for the left and right rear screens and he located a plug. But heres the odd thing.. It showed up as a 10 pin plug not a 12. Anyway I ordered a couple.. they are only 2.60 each so worth a try!

OP
OP
PJayUK

PJayUK

Car
Blimey all in the German!

Thanks I'll try after I haven't consumed so much vin rouge! :p

mr. shr

MB Enthusiast
I took my car in for an MOT today (it passed :)!!) and I got chatting to the guy in the parts department at Tony Purslow's. He had a good dig around on his system and reckon that the two connectors on the back of the tuner are for the left and right rear screens and he located a plug. But heres the odd thing.. It showed up as a 10 pin plug not a 12. Anyway I ordered a couple.. they are only 2.60 each so worth a try!
I don't think this is correct for a couple of reasons:
Firstly, I don't think the W220 had left and right rear screen options. (I believe it's just a single screen that mounts on the rear of the centre arm rest.
Secondly, there isn't a 10 pin MQS connector on the TV tuner. There's 1 x 18 pin and 2 x 12 pin, so not really sure what he was looking at.
The only 10 pin connector on the TV tuner is block C, but that (as far as I can tell) is different to the MQS plug that we need.

Johnnybarber

Car
CL55 AMG
I have just bought one on eBay but there are no female pin connections to them? Any ideas?

mr. shr

MB Enthusiast
I have just bought one on eBay but there are no female pin connections to them? Any ideas?
What have you bought from eBay? Can you send me a link?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom