12 volt adapter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
Help!!

I have been surfing the Internet trying to find something that I can plug into the mains.... Then quite simply plug a 12volt car adapter type plug into it. I am sure it's out there, I am simply to thick to find it. I have found one product that is a rechargeable type battery that cost £50 (cheaper to buy another pump)

I have a 12 volt car tyre pump, I want to use it indoors to pump up my wheelchair tyres.

Any ideas, 'she that must be obeyed' is getting fed up having to go out into the garage to connect the pump to the car supply.

Thanks very much in advance,
John

Quantum2+2 said:
You mean something like this John?
Bit expensive at £20 though
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=42702&doy=5m6

Paul

Excellent,
Thanks very much indeed.

Hi Grasmere,
I had found something similar, but it offers far more than I require and the price reflects all the options it has.

Thank you very much for the link.

Rgards,
John

Glojo, i have a voltage converter which provides 3V for my MDisk from the mains.
It has a setting for 12V too. I cost about 5-10 quid from maplin. But it depends on the input of your tyre pump. The one i have has several plugs and is a variable V type one. The DC pump you have maybe has a car type input only. If you disconnect that and plug in 12V type for mains.

Last edited:
adam1 said:
Glojo, i have a voltage converter which provides 3V for my MDisk from the mains.
It has a setting for 12V too. I cost about 5-10 quid from maplin. But it depends on the input of your tyre pump. The one i have has several plugs and is a variable V type one. The DC pump you have maybe has a car type input only. If you disconnect that and plug in 12V type for mains.

Hi Adam,
The pump I have at present is designed to just plug into the 12v socket of a car. The technical side of its 'innards' is unknown, but I don't think the cable is easily removable.

It certainly looks like Maplins is my best option.

Thanks for the input,
John

Any DC power supply should do the job from 9-15 volts, see what you have lying around the house. Nearly all of them turn out way more voltage than they claim and will run something like a pump.

Alternatively a battery charger will also work as a 12v power supply - just connect the clips to the cigarette lighter socket on the pump.

HTH

Andy

Just make sure that the one which you buy can supply the current that the pump needs - might be more than you think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom