12 volt lighter sockets not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickWills

Car
Mercedes Benz S500 prototype
Does anybody have a solution or having the same problem with the 12 volt cigarette sockets? I have 1 working in the rear of the car but the other rear does not work and neither does the front.

I have checked the fuses and they are fine which i thought that they would be as the 1 in the rear still works

They seem to have "blown" all of a sudden:mad::mad:

Have you checked ALL the fuses? If I recall on my W203 there ended up being 3!! (bonnet, cabin and boot)

Was really baffling at the time

You might want to try and replace it but since cigarette lighter receptacles weren’t originally intended for use as accessory sockets, there are a few inherent issues with using them in that capacity. Accordingly, devices that are designed to use a 12v socket have to be capable of working around these shortcomings.

You might want to try and replace it but since cigarette lighter receptacles weren’t originally intended for use as accessory sockets, there are a few inherent issues with using them in that capacity. Accordingly, devices that are designed to use a 12v socket have to be capable of working around these shortcomings.
They have been working up until now with no problems so i am kind of thinking maybe the loom has burnt out with an overload (although i would have expected a fuse to blow in the extension first) i am guessing it is going to be an awkward job to try and get to the wiring on the sockets with having to dismantle things to get there

I have a similar fault but both my rears are not working but the front does and same again all fuses are fine.
is the a power module in the doors as some of the rear seat controls have failed aswell?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom