123 Ignition barrell needed ASAP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
Hi All,

I have an 123 that i use for spares and towing caravans around our drive (Long story). Basically the ignition lock was getting fiddly and i thought id just take it out before it completely collapsed. The idea was to get the key part off so i could turn with a screwdriver. However when i tried to do it, the key just wouldnt turn and ended up drilling the steering lock and getting it out that way. Anyway, i have got down to the switch, but its messed up, it just turns the starter without ignition no matter how i turn the switch...

So the long and short

I need an ignition barrell complete with key..(or even a broken one that will start the with a screwdriver) The whole thing so that i can just plug the connector into it and start and move the car once a week or so.

I need this this week if poss, anyone help?? Not sure if 124 is same connection or not...

Cheers

Jay

jaymanek It just turns the starter without ignition no matter how i turn the switch...

I had the same problem with my daughters Fiesta, she had to use a screwdriver for a while. To get the car to fire the key had to be close to the steering column because of a security chip in it. I fixed the key near the transponder with a cable tie while waiting for a new lock.

Do you think your existing key could have a chip in it?

Not on a 123, unless its had a aftermarket security system (quite recent).

No 123's arent that complicated, i think i just got shards of metal in there when drilling. Tried cleaning it but just doing the same thing. No matter what i do, as soon as i connect the batter, starter motor goes, but no ignition.

I will sort you out just the rear switch if you want, so you can use a screwdriver...

yes please V12, i was waiting for you to return from hols!

Cheers

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom