124 300TD estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
with you there I have 2, I love them, but they can be hard work now as they get older but such character

There is nothing like an E300 diesel estate. I had the plate for mine MBE 300D. I used to marvel that a 3 litre normally aspirated s124 e300d used to get 45 mpg and my w202 c230 kompressor saloon could only manage 37mpg. Now it takes a little more to be impressed as the s205 c200se managed 61.4mpg.

Estates and Cabriolets were among the last W124''s to be made. Seems cheap for a 7 seater estate if its as good as its advertised unless the 2nd hand market has taken a tumble recently. Maybe the "funeral director black" colour scheme might put some folks off? Nice old thing as the OP says.

Side airbags must have been a rare option!

Estates and Cabriolets were among the last W124''s to be made. Seems cheap for a 7 seater estate if its as good as its advertised unless the 2nd hand market has taken a tumble recently. Maybe the "funeral director black" colour scheme might put some folks off? Nice old thing as the OP says.
I think the fear of taxes / emission zones might be putting people off old cars, especially diesels. The ULEZ has killed my plan for an R129 :(

I expect a glut of modern classics to hit the market soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom