124 coupe sunroof, slides, no tilt!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nick.ged

Car
mutty the nail; wide body amg 124 coupe
my sunroof will slide back and forth fine on the button, but wont tilt atall, doesnt close properly either, leaves lhs 'up' on inside, but flush outside.

on nthe bolt in the boot,if i try to make the tilt work, the right side comes up, there is a bang, and the left side sticks closed!

aqny pointers would be great help.

i have a spares car, should i just change the cassets? is it hard?

it will be the slide mechanisms either side, if its anything like the W126 you need to take out the sunroof headlining panel and you should be able to see the tilt mechanisms and whats going wrong.

sound... how do i remove the pannel, come to think of it, wich pannel, inside or out, or both????

the inside sunroof headlining panel, its a cloth covered metal frame which moves with the outer metal panel. It should be clipped on at the front edge then you just slide it out with the sunroof three quarters open.

So open the sunroof about half way, looking at the front edge, put screwdriver between the lining and the metal panel and you should be able to pop the clips out. Then open the sunroof a bit more whilst holding on to the lining panel and it should start to slide forward.

cheers will try that, only prob may be mine is leather, from amg conversion, but im sure it will be fastened with the std clips?

Yep, sounds like the 'arms' are broken. I've got a set from a late W124 if you want to avoid the cost of buying new.

I also have a with pictures guide that tells you how to replace them on a W124. If you send me an email address I'll forward the guide & you can see what you're up against.

check with mercedes manchester, they sell discounted parts through partsreunited.com I got my W126 SEC sunroof mechanisms for half price

i am braking a 320ce, so have the parts, just beed the knowledge!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom