124 Coupe Twin Turbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
me no likey! Too barried for my liking

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] I am selling this car as a project as it has some problems. it needs a new exhaust system and has some rust bubbling on the four wings where they meet the wide body kit. It is potentially a fantastic car but please view it before bidding.[/FONT]
Sounds like more trouble than its worth, and also i find it odd that there are no interior shots...

Last edited:
barried? Looks a bit like an AMG E36 kit to me.
Might be a replica, but looks nice on black.

I meant the boot - that looked godawful. Made me wonder what other "improvements" he undertook?

Added to the fact that I dont really like the AMG kits either (real or replica) and there were no interior pics just gave me a bad feeling about the vehicle.

" i have owned this car twice over the last five years which accounts for three of the previous owners"

HUH!

Seems to look very tatty for a 63,000 mile car. And why would it need an engine build at such low miles? I spoke to the guy and the bottom end was over haulled!

Bottom end... wtf did he do to it!!!

Good question! The basic engine can take the extra power, so it brings in to question the turbo charging....did Mosselman install it, and was it installed correctly?

Re: the interior. The car was up for sale YEARS ago (long before I owned my E Coupe), in a Top Marques Magasine. It had an interior shot, which didn't look too bad. But, IIRC, it was missing electric adjustment or heating for the front seats. I quite liked the black leather with white piping though.
And yes, that sound system isn't the most tidy I've seen.

I still a bit of time, money and effort would make that a great car. Get some AMG 17" Aero 1s or 18" Aero 2s, rather than those 17" replica AMGs.

But the TT, setup on that higher revving straight 6, and with a manual gearbox must make a more involving drive than most of our E Coupes.

Darren

DOG! Went to see this today as I was over at Nav's (klp92), this has to be one of the worst examples of a w124 ce.

Ill upload some photos later today, but I cant believe how poor it really is. As for mileage not even close to the 63k quoted, the engine bay is a mess, and interior has far too much wear for 63k, even the leather on the steering wheel has been restitched.
The car has serious ROT behine the fibre glass rear arches, not rust its Rot!

Yep, its an insult to a dog!

Didn't even start, the wings looked like thye were falling off, rear arch was rotten to the point a gentle tap resulted in a large chunk of the arch falling off :D :eek: :D

"You've broke it you buy it" :D

I didn't break it, it fell apart by itself ;)

It wasn't rusty, it was rotten!

Last edited:
Shame to see some MB's in such a poor state.

Judging by those pics, it just goes to show you that you can polish a turd.... & make s**t shine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom