124 Door Cards - With Speakers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WDB124066

MB Enthusiast
Car
1996 E320 Sportline Cabriolet x 2
Does anybody have experience of swapping the non speaker door card from a two door 124 for one that does have the factory speakers. Do they fit without modification to the door.

I am looking at getting a set so I have six speakers in the car. I'm hoping it will be a plug and play situation.......??

Yes it is very simple,you can just change the lower panel so you don`t have to change the whole door card

So my question is Dash. Can you get lower door panel speakers for the saloon and estate. I have facelift door cars with speakers to the rear of my estate (not yet wired in but will be soon) It would greatly increase the sound from the dashboard if there was backup from the front door cards too.

Yes you can John but not as simple,I`ve to let the last 3 sets go in DE because no paypal peyment :wallbash:
I think in US were standard on front but not sure

In the USA w124 coupe there were speakers at the rear of the front door. AFAIK they occupied part of the door pocket space that runs from front to back so "strictly speaking" were not IN the door rather ON it. There was room for this because the doors are longer on the coupe. Don't think they exist for the saloon or estate= shorter doors and the rear door speakers on the estate were designed to replace the rear parcel shelf speakers in the saloon/coupe. Your best bet are Jennerts Produkte Doorboards Soundsystems | Mercedes | Jehnert Sound Design Automotive or make your own based on a similar design ---- you would have to rebuild your own door cards or modify / use parts from another 2nd hand door card. The key to a good DIY install is a professional level of finish which a car interior trimmer might do for you

Last edited:
The saloon had the speakers on the front door cards to

yes there is a "secret" box compartment on my E300D estate which would house a speaker if i wanted to fit one. i think all have it... the pocket doesnt go all the way along - there is a space for speakers after it.

Here are some pictures of the saloon ones

MERCEDESBENZE500-W124--medium-1788_1.jpg

cope2.jpg

yes there is a "secret" box compartment on my E300D estate which would house a speaker if i wanted to fit one. i think all have it... the pocket doesnt go all the way along - there is a space for speakers after it.

If you click on the 124 speaker link you can see the German's have made some use of that space.

Mercedes w124

IIRC the factory door-card speaker was a subwoofer or a bass type speaker, does that sound right......??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom