124 Estate 7th Seat Use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Folks

Does anybody know, if you can use the 7th seat when the roller/load cover is attached to the back seats? I do not mean when the load cover is in use ;^).

When the load cover is installed then the 7th seat back is not 100% upright as it rests on the load cover. I'm not sure if this is an issue or not?

Yes you can Bruce

Whenever I've used mine I've left the load cover in and yes just rested it up, never had a problem with 2 large adults in the back.

Frijz said:
Whenever I've used mine I've left the load cover in and yes just rested it up, never had a problem with 2 large adults in the back.

Thank you. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing any tricks.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Dash

Thank you. I have developed a way of not explaining myself very well. I wasn't sure if it should lock in the upright position? The replies here say NOT.

It relies on the weight of the passengers to keep it in place.

Dash

Thank you. I have developed a way of not explaining myself very well. I wasn't sure if it should lock in the upright position? The replies here say NOT.

It relies on the weight of the passengers to keep it in place.

That's not correct,they should lock on upright position so something isn't right :confused:

Nope. I lift the back up first. This rests against the load cover but does not lock in place. Only the seat base stops it dropping forward again. But it is not locked or latched.

To be 100% clear here: I am talking about the rear 7th seat back rest.

I am not talking about the rear passenger seats that the load cover attaches to. These latch and lock as they should.

I see no lock or latch on the 7th seat back-rest that would enable it to latch onto the load cover ?

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Last edited:
Mine 'locks' in neither position with or without the load cover on, I just assumed it rests against either the seat back, PR the load cover. Mine is quite stiff though which would STOL it falling down anyway

Mine 'locks' in neither position with or without the load cover on, I just assumed it rests against either the seat back, PR the load cover. Mine is quite stiff though which would STOL it falling down anyway

Mine's the same.

Ah. So it does sound like mine is correct then. It doesn't flop about as it is quiet stiff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom