124 front inner wheel arch liners?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Folks

Does anybody know, or can tell me, if the front inner arch liners on a 124 stop at the bumper height. As I look into the wheel arch, while standing behind the wheel, I can see the inside of the bumper apron? I wondered if this was correct or, am missing a bit of trim? It is the same on both sides.

You're not missing anything. It's the way they are I'm afraid and one major reason why all good 124s come with rotten front wings.

I'm told you could once get extensions to cover the area but good luck finding them now.

Pic curtesy of this genius chap here

Attachments

• fanfarenverkleidung.jpg
    fanfarenverkleidung.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 86
There are two plastic panels which cover in the area around the bottom of the front wing on the 4matics. Both of mine are missing as well.

A1248840435 is the one on the RH side and its called a partition panel Between wheelhouse and bumper.

I don't know what the other one is called but the LHD turbo diesels have them as well

A12488400335 LH side. A12488400435 RH £18 each.Special order from Germany. I have ordered a pair for delivery this week.

Thank you Syncro paddy for the part #.

Now. According to Mercedes on the 4-Matic it only lists the RHS one as the LHS is marked as having either a cooler or horns that mean in was not fitted?

Neither applies to my car and I see no reason for them not be fitted. So I will fit them.

A12488400335 LH side. A12488400435 RH £18 each.Special order from Germany. I have ordered a pair for delivery this week.

Thank you Syncro paddy for the part #.

Now. According to Mercedes on the 4-Matic it only lists the RHS one as the LHS is marked as having either a cooler or horns that mean in was not fitted?

I must get myself a pair as well. Yes the EPC only lists the RHS one but it shows a LHS one in the diagram as well but doesn't list the number for it. The LHD Turbo diesels have an oil cooler in the LHS area.

Do they have many left?

Please take some photos once you have fitted them.

I have just replaced both wings on both my W124s so am keen to get them protected as much as poss from the outset.

the LHS is marked as having either a cooler or horns that mean in was not fitted?

The cooler is a transmission oil cooler and the horns are described as a special signal system.

Please note that there is possibly some bracketry required to fit the LH one

Any luck with this? It would be really great if you could post some pics of them fitted please...?

thanks

A1248840435 is still available in quantity but A1248840335 has just gone NLA

Blimey optimus prime from that piccie -that isnt going to rust for a long time :thumb: thats going to be a long term keeper
Rust the bane of the W124
They are some 25 years old now terrible isnt it :dk:
" electronics " bane of a lot of current cars £50 + just for a plug in diagnostic
doubt whether you will see many current electronics filled cars being restored in x years time

You're not missing anything. It's the way they are I'm afraid and one major reason why all good 124s come with rotten front wings.

I'm told you could once get extensions to cover the area but good luck finding them now.

Pic curtesy of this genius chap here
Nothing to do with roten wings .I can see you have never had a W124 froint wing off .Only way to stop the rusting is to clean the lips in the arch out, when cleaning the car

Last edited:
Apologies for my late response. I have to collect my arch liners from MB. It does look like I bagged one of the very last sets (Thank you to Syncropaddy). £58 including VAT special order from Germany. MB confirmed that one side is indeed now NLA.

But I got mine (smug grin on face as I type). I will post up annoying pictures of said parts when I collect later this week. This assumes I can get my huge great head into the photo.

With no apologies to Optimus, who I keep beating to the crunch.

:ˆ)

Nothing to do with roten wings .I can see you have never had a W124 froint wing off .Only way to stop the rusting is to clean the lips in the arch out, when cleaning the car

You're right, of course. You are the only one who's ever taken a wing off their car here. :doh:

I think I am going to have a go at making some of these for my 2 w124's. After all its just plastic cut to shape really and is hidden anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom