124 Headlight Wiper Blades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Folks

Can anybody tell me please if I need to buy the Headlight Wiper Blades that are advertised for a Mercedes 124? On ebay etc they are rather expensive. I notice that Volvo ones, or indeed any other car make, are almost half the price.

So could I fit Volvo Blades to a 124?

From a quick look prices on the bay seem to be ~ £20ea? They're cheaper than that from MB WIPER BLADE - S Class 1981 - 1991 Accessories - Mercedes-Benz Parts, Inchcape

I'd have thought Volvo examples would differ where they fit to the wiper arm? Unlike regular screen wipers you don't get a bag of adaptors making them more application specific

While a bit fiddly i'd have thought it'd be easier to swap a universal wiper refill (just the rubber bit) into the existing blades than it would be to make Volvo blades fit MB arms? This shows someone doing that to Volvo headlight wipers Replacing Volvo Headlight Wipers Using Salvaged Blades

Thank you. I will give the cut and shut a try.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

yes universal rubber onto existing parts is cheapest. not done it on my 124 (need to though) but did it on 107 with success

hey folks

how does one get their headlight wipers to activate,trying to test mine before stripping down the headlight.

for w124 parts check out taxiteile.de (german website great selection)

thanks

hey folks

how does one get their headlight wipers to activate,trying to test mine before stripping down the headlight.

for w124 parts check out taxiteile.de (german website great selection)

thanks

Turn the lights on and spray water on windows - using washers stalk on steering wheel - which will activate the light wipers. They only work if your lights are on.

I have never purchased these items .As i strip out an old blade. From blades i removed some time ago . I never throw them away .Lot of times one from the pair are in good condition Remove the rubber, cut to size and refit them to the holder .At the price they are its robbery on a grand scale.

I have never purchased these items .As i strip out an old blade. From blades i removed some time ago . I never throw them away .Lot of times one from the pair are in good condition Remove the rubber, cut to size and refit them to the holder .At the price they are its robbery on a grand scale.

This worked a treat with my W124 this morning. Thank you for the idea!

I know an old thread, but when I had my w126 I just went to Pendragon Mercedes in Southampton and bought a pair of Blades and if my memory serves me right they cost a fiver each! I'm pretty sure they were the same blades for the w124 aswell.

You wont find them at that price again .. I look on ebay for anything that will help myself and other members You can tell i hav 4 of everything now Well some parts like side lights .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom