124 Hirschman Electric Ariel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EDZ649

MB Enthusiast
Car
W210 E55 AMG
Does anyone know if there is an in-line fuse located behind the dash/radio for the electric ariel?

Mine has stopped working as it needed to be lubricated and now I think a fuse may have blown somewhere because it got stuck. All other electrical circuits are working fine.

Cheers,

Leigh.

Have you checked if there is a fuse in the main fusebox for the aerial.

Have you checked if there is a fuse in the main fusebox for the aerial.

No seperate fuse in the fuse box, it's on the radio circuit with other components.

From another forum:

The ususal ones like the Hirschmanns, that come out when you turn on the radio, should have three terminals:
- one for permanent positive current (usually terminal 30 within the main wiring diagram, coming from fuse no. 1 or with a separate fuse) which is the main power supply for the motor
- one "Steuerstrom"/control current coming from the Beckerradio
and
- one ground (terminal 31)

Last edited:
Any possibility that it’s not a fuse? Inside the airel, the motor drives a small tooth belt, which drives the gear that raises and lowers the mast, if the belt were to break the mast won’t move, the motor will still run but it will run so quietly that you probably wont hear it unless you were very close to the unit when the radio is switched on/off.

Dec

If its the factory aerial there will not be a fuse at the antenna end. Only retrofit antennas came with the fuse here. Its integrated into the fuse box as far as i know.

Any possibility that it’s not a fuse? Inside the airel, the motor drives a small tooth belt, which drives the gear that raises and lowers the mast, if the belt were to break the mast won’t move, the motor will still run but it will run so quietly that you probably wont hear it unless you were very close to the unit when the radio is switched on/off.

Dec

I guess so, assumed it was a fuse as it was working fine the day before. Will have to take it apart and have a look, when it gets a bit warmer! :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom