124 lockset compatability

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EDZ649

MB Enthusiast
Car
W210 E55 AMG
Not sure where to post this but here goes anyway.

I am currently breaking a 1992 300e 24v.

Does anyone know if the locks including the ignition barrel will fit an earlier car i.e. 1986, 200e? Were there any quirky modifications made to early 90's cars?

Thanks,

Leigh.

Hi Leigh,

I'm only speculating here, but just wondering if the earlier cars have the 'comfort closure' system that ~ 90s 124s have (turn and hold key in lock to open/close windows/sunroof etc). There could be a difference in the locks if so?

Will

Not sure where to post this but here goes anyway.

I am currently breaking a 1992 300e 24v.

Does anyone know if the locks including the ignition barrel will fit an earlier car i.e. 1986, 200e? Were there any quirky modifications made to early 90's cars?

Thanks,

Leigh.

Hi

The steering lock in the 92 will have a lockout system for the gearlever when in park. You can get round this by removing the orange element inside the lock.

Leigh

I may need the ignition lock for the SL if it is compatible...

Leigh

I may need the ignition lock for the SL if it is compatible...

John,

I have a potential buyer for the complete lockset if compatible. will keep you posted.

on a similiar note how easy is it to change the ignition barrel? im guessing mine has been changed at some point cos the ignition key and the locking key are different, non interchangable, got two for locks but only one ignition key.....
'88 124, can another be cut from mine or is a barrel change for one that has two keys the only option?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom