124 on the road for another year!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamesfuller

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C240 Elegance & S210 E320 CDi Avantgarde
The S124 was due mot and was expecting it to need a fair bit of work doing. It was left to Birkdale Motors to acheive this.

The rear subframe has been dropped out with good news on that front. The mounts etc are in very good condition, its had a new set of pipes fitted to the rear end (brakes/sls) along with a new rear spring.

The original Mercedes exhaust has served 23 years but was a bit rattly and blowing in a couple of places so has been replaced.

A full service, new front tyres and brake pads complete the work carried out this time.

The car is super smooth, quiet and really is a pleasure to cruise about in. It still looks a mess but the body shop session is happening very soon.

Someday soon it will be looking good but its still nice to know that she is a solid old bus that has many years of service left!:D

Hi James wish I could say the same about my S124 its still Laid up in the garage
So far its had
New Exhaust manifold
New Oil Pressure Sensor
New Cat
New Steering Damper
New Track Rods
Rewire of MAF Loom above exhaust manifold
New Rear Discs & Pads

List still to do is :
Remove New Cat and modify to ease foul on steering Arm Bolt
Refit and fiddle with Exhaust joints so that its leakproof
New Plugs and Check Emmissions
Welding of
Inner Wing Quite a large repair
Rear jacking Points
N/S Wheelarch Repair
Floorplan patch
Tracking
MOT
Probably 2 new Wings
Possibly Engine Mounts
I can see see lots of Lonely nights in the garage
Boyd

List still to do is :
Remove New Cat and modify to ease foul on steering Arm Bolt
Refit and fiddle with Exhaust joints so that its leakproof
New Plugs and Check Emmissions
Welding of
Inner Wing Quite a large repair
Rear jacking Points
N/S Wheelarch Repair
Floorplan patch
Tracking
MOT
Probably 2 new Wings
Possibly Engine Mounts
I can see see lots of Lonely nights in the garage
Boyd

I know how you feel, am in a similar position with my C126, but its also half the fun.

Good luck.

cars

James i am glade that i am not the only one working to keep this model on the road. I have got to job number 82 in the list i am keeping.And to say it had 12 months mot the day i had it. I might get it on the road next year,to now i can see another £500 plus bodywork.Wings on the front ,and one rear arch,then spraying the right colour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom