124 Tailgate Jammed Shut Help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tjamesbo

Car
CLK430 ,Vito V6 sport ,Jaguar 2.5 X type ,W124's 1993 220TE , 1994 320TE ,Mastercraft X5
Sods law Dictates that with a full load for a house move the 124's tailgate has decided not to open The Button goes all the way in without any engagement The Key will not turn and after a bit of juggling and contortions we managed to get in and pull the interior handle ..... still nothing Not sure at moment whether the furniture in there is removable via the doors
Currently thinking I will have to try an get in to get at the Lock trim etc from the inside not an easy task with a Load of Furniture in there anyone know a midget able to dismantle a 124 lock trim assembly
Thanks Boyd

I got in the Boot and remembered that main trim removal requires tailgate to be open to undo the screws on the underside of the tailgate I have undone the trim around the internal opener but i have a feeling it needs the hook and rod to be unhooked with the main trim off I am wondering what has failed is it the closer motor stuck closed or the Lock I suspect the lock isn't one that you can punch in and break the circlip like on my old BMW E30 boot
I have lifted the Boot Compartment / Tray and can see about 1/4 inches of the Lock mechanism but not enough clearance to do anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom