124 Wagon. Metal Door Sill Entry Plates.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Folks

If anybody is breaking a 124 Wagon or knows of a set of metal 124 door sill entry plates? Please give me shout. I have the plastic mushroom ones which look okay, but I think that some nice polished metal ones would be better.

Thank you.

Bruce

Bruce good idea .How do they fit on to the silll .I may look my self. Just fitted the trunk lid moulding .As my car came without it. Loks nice now after i lift the boot lid.Its an easy fix and a good mod.Yours will have one fitted i think.

I think they are just a push fit. Maybe some trim clips hiding in there.

I'm afraid that the more I do the more I want to do. I don't need these but just think that they could be tidied up with some nice stainless one's. I have no idea if such a thing even exists?

Bruce this might be of use to you if you dont know about it. Google search and look for immages top right.Click on it Put in Mercedes stainless sill covers. There is a nice set with a light in ,that are fitted on to the 500e limited model

They fit over the existing ones

No Bruce,got my ones from Taiwan

I'll see if I can find some as I could do with a set myself

No Bruce,got my ones from Taiwan

I'll see if I can find some as I could do with a set myself

A link would be great if still have it?

FYI. The car is back on the road now and just beautiful. Down to some small fettling and snags but all the big stuff is now complete.

I dont think they fit over the existing one .You need to remove the originals first .I think thats what you meant yes.

I have them on my car,they fit over the existing ones

image_zpsg4ehvkxr.jpeg

The ones I bought for my W126 fitted over the original plastic ones. They cured seriously annoying creaks and squeaks.

I dont think they fit over the existing one .You need to remove the originals first .I think thats what you meant yes.

I bought original NOS AMG ones from a MB dealership in Germany, and they most definately go over the originals and to compound matters even further, they are stuck down with 3M type sticky tape...:eek:

Absolutely shocking for a product made by a firm such as AMG, I know...

I have a set that would fit an s124 that I've never fitted, but they are the AMG version.

No idea what they are worth, so make me an offer.

I'll dig them out of the loft and take some pics if you're interested.

Millo

Thank you. Are they stamped/dressed with the AMG Logo? If yes then I will decline your kind offer. But I am sure that somebody on here will want them. If they are plain Merc or not obviously AMG then I will be very interested.

My car is almost stock so I really want to try and keep that look. Thank you for responding.

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom