124 works does it again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mercmanuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180 AVANTGARDE SE SPORT GONE AND MISSED LANDROVER FREELANDER 2 LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW
took the c class for a service at 124 works today,had the use of a loan car while mine was being done then ian took it for an mot.for what i paid for an mot and "a" service i think it was mates rates and not "running a business rate".
again very happy with all aspects of the service given well worth the trip from manchester.
cheers ian

Cheers Baz. Nope, no mates rates. They are the standard rates that everyone pays.

did you check your fuel tank after like mine had being empted after ian had it and 300 miles on the clock ??

It seems that Big John is pursuing a vendetta against Ian on this forum. I personally hope that the mods will step in some time soon.
yawn fan club not a vendetta its the truth just some of you are ignorant to the truth the resons why i dont no yet anyway how would you like your car in a garage and it being used my the garge owner and useing a tank of fuel yes the answear is no you not so why you standing sides then very much a one sided issue on here dont like the truth being told pity your car doest go there and prob not either all sing his name but none of you use him strange that ehh

Don't know anyone concerned, so, some observations.

1/ the poster in question doesn't seem to be being abusive per se, he fairly polite, he's stating his case, which is either true or not.

2/ I'm actually more impressed overall with 124 works for not firing back, every tradesman has bad customers.

3/ I'm actually quite impressed with this forum for NOT censoring the guy, BECAUSE it isn't censored, I'm able to make up my own opinion, which is that 124 seems to have a bunch of happy customers, and 1 unhappy one, moreover 1 unhappy one on a subject that can never be proven.

my 2p worth anyway

yawn fan club not a vendetta its the truth just some of you are ignorant to the truth the resons why i dont no yet anyway how would you like your car in a garage and it being used my the garge owner and useing a tank of fuel yes the answear is no you not so why you standing sides then very much a one sided issue on here dont like the truth being told pity your car doest go there and prob not either all sing his name but none of you use him strange that ehh

Ian has worked on my car in the past, there are pictures on this forum.

Douche bag :mad:

Big John, why dont you quit while you're behind. Your constant jibber jabber is becoming quite tedious:rolleyes:

The only reason I don't go to Ian any more is that I actually enjoy servicing my own car and save money in the process. The reasons why others support him is that he doesn't engage with toddlers like yourself in schoolyard arguments which cannot be corroborated

Last edited:
most of us who use ian are more than happy with his work and more so QUALITY OF HIS WORK,thats we go back again and again.

So as May gets lined up to depart from the calendar from this year, Big John responds to a post in March.

Double Yawn.

no name and no pack drill, but I've had two PM's (since deleted them) from an allegedly different user, urging me to take a different and more negative stance to 124.

all they have done is convince me that the 1 unhappy customer is almost certainly a **** strirrer.

can someone ban this trouble maker.

If its the same guy (which i suspect it is) I had a very nasty call from him a few weeks back which was reported to the police... and all because I recommended Ian at some point and because I said that an RAC/AA inspection is not always accurate.

This guy has been rubbished by the courts and he should not be allowed on any forums as all he does is harrass someone who is trying to run a business.

I have used 124 works now for 3 years+ and always had good customer service and will continue to use them, Ian always makes me feel welcome and goes out of his way to help.
Ian is welcome to put as many miles as he likes on my car whilst it's with him.

sTeVe

Well my 2ps worth with Ian

1. He does have all the diagnostic gear that the "haters" say he hasn't. I've blooming seen it. Its been used in my car and in LTDs.

2. He knows how to use it, again I've personally seen him use it and clear the codes and demonstrate how to use STAR

3. He offered a helluva a good price to me to do some work on my car, between him and someone else (on here but not naming names) I'd have saved £700 thanks to the good community on here. As it is I've bought a new car, but on that basis I'd use Ian for work on my car if I was local to him.

4. No business survives if its bad. 124 works would have gone out of business if it were a dud. There other plenty other capable MB indies around. Ergo the vast majority of what happens at 124 works must be good work otherwise it would have sunk/been sued out of business.

5. Mistakes happen, no-one gets it right 100% of the time. Even the fabled MB dealerships f*** things up, its a part of life.

Er.....what?

I think the spelling and grammer police will be along shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom