124 works does it again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 'grammar police' please.

can someone ban this trouble maker.

If its the same guy (which i suspect it is) I had a very nasty call from him a few weeks back which was reported to the police... and all because I recommended Ian at some point and because I said that an RAC/AA inspection is not always accurate.

This guy has been rubbished by the courts and he should not be allowed on any forums as all he does is harrass someone who is trying to run a business.

I think you're talking about his mate alfie (not Alfie from Comand online) who also has a vendetta against Ian due to said court case. All these guys are doing is trying to bring down 124works for no real reason. I agree with Jay, where members are getting harrassing/threatening phone calls, it is getting beyond annoying. Why is this guy being tolerated?

I think you're talking about his mate alfie (not Alfie from Comand online) who also has a vendetta against Ian due to said court case. All these guys are doing is trying to bring down 124works for no real reason. I agree with Jay, where members are getting harrassing/threatening phone calls, it is getting beyond annoying. Why is this guy being tolerated?

They have an axe to grind, but IMHO its been ground more than often enough, it has been delt with by the courts and Mr Walker.

yes sorry getting them mixed up.. neither seem to be friendly!

This is really starting to annoy me now. Someone starts a positive thread and 'the usual suspect' jumps in and attempts to use it as a vehicle for his own ends. I personally 'speak as I find'. Ian gives a great service at a great price. I resent the 'fan club' insinuations and I also resent the inference that I (amongst others) are simply telling lies and have not been to 124works. This is simply untrue and it is these kinds of 'shooting from the hip' accusations that lend no credibility to BJ's comments. The abbreviated name says it all really. BJ will you please go and 'blow your wad' elsewhere? :ban:

Last edited by a moderator:
can someone ban this trouble maker.

If its the same guy (which i suspect it is) I had a very nasty call from him a few weeks back which was reported to the police... and all because I recommended Ian at some point and because I said that an RAC/AA inspection is not always accurate.

This guy has been rubbished by the courts and he should not be allowed on any forums as all he does is harrass someone who is trying to run a business.

You also know that Mr Walker is not a trained or qualified mechanic as does a few members and moderators

Shelagb was the person who PM'd me twice in an attempt to convince me to change my opinion on 124.

The messages talked about not being a tradesman and something to do with court cases.
(No doubt the admins can retrieve them.)

I wasn't going to name anyone, but since they have stuck their oar in in this thread, I don't see any further need to keep quiet about it.

You also know that Mr Walker is not a trained or qualified mechanic as does a few members and moderators

So he doesn't have any pieces of paper, so what?!
He's obviously proved he's capable of doing the job & tbh a more 'old school' and self taught mechanic is often better than one who's been trained by a main dealer to plug in a diagnostic computer and follow the on screen instructions!
I've proved I can do that on a STAR and I studied Media & French at Uni and tend to let mechanics do even simple servicing on my own cars, I also managed to estimate a crash damaged car (mine, and my workshop boys were stacked out with work!) last week still with no qualifications!

:bannana: to Ian for putting up with this, we all have the odd one or two :)

Kate

I'm beginning to see the reason for Pistonheads no name and shame policy. This is ridiculous to be honest. Ian is a long term member of the forum, who has many happy customers, and is allowed to advertise on the site. Presumably the mods are happy with his standard of work, if they allow this.

Like all businesses he obviously has one or two people who will not use him again. What I think is now out of order is that these people are being allowed to harass Ian, and being permitted to litter his posts, despite the fact that they have lost the court case and in no way contribute to the rest of the forum.

It's just harassment IMO and is ugly to witness.

I've used Ian's services on a few occasions and I am a picky so and so when it comes to my cars (as even Ian will tell you that).
I trust very few people to work on my car & yes I am a mechanic (yes I DO have the bits of paper to prove it) but I TRUST Ian to work on my car as his service to me has been faultless & carried out to the highest standard.

The only reason I haven't been doing the work on my own car is sometimes it's easier to get it done with the correct tools than struggle without & the added advantage that I don't need to get my hands dirty.

So what if he doesn't have the bits of paper.

There are the thing's Ian does have and they are his experience & he has a passion for what he does.

These are so sadly lacking these days in so many people.

I've had a couple of my cars butchered in the past by main dealers. Papers, big showroom, £100p p/hr rates, certified staff.

Still managed to drill holes in my tailgate once to fit a spoiler that was due for another car and I did not want - mine was in for a radio repair.

So he doesn't have any pieces of paper, so what?!
He's obviously proved he's capable of doing the job & tbh a more 'old school' and self taught mechanic is often better than one who's been trained by a main dealer to plug in a diagnostic computer and follow the on screen instructions!
I've proved I can do that on a STAR and I studied Media & French at Uni and tend to let mechanics do even simple servicing on my own cars, I also managed to estimate a crash damaged car (mine, and my workshop boys were stacked out with work!) last week still with no qualifications!

:bannana: to Ian for putting up with this, we all have the odd one or two :)

Kate

Exactly, for if he couldn't 124 works wouldn't be trading after several years of business.

He can use star, wis etc, I've seen him personally use star/WIS and show me how it all works so he has the fully know how for the modern mercedes as well as the 124's he knows. He's also a welder by trade, not a postman as some make out, so for body work stuff an A1 bet.

He offered me a helluva decent rate and offered to get money back for me off a duff part that could be recon'd. Many a lesser trader would pocket the difference, I like the integrity and approach he has to do business from what I've personally experienced from Ian business wise.

Outside of that, he has a dubious idea of a good night out in Blackpool. If he sends you to the "flying handbag" just say no :bannana::bannana::bannana:

Are you a qualified mechanic? Do you know your way round an engine? So a piece of paper proves that someone is proficient to do a job?Besides the fact that a UK court has placed a judgement against you. Obviously our trusted judicial service thinks that Ian is proficient at doing his job.

Please my dear lady, wind your long neck in and let the adults talk. Your and your partner's persistant yapping is growing tiresome. Let's change the record.

Last edited:
Today i made the mistake of trying to stuff my service books under the passenger seat, and when i started the car the SRS light came on. This was on the way to show someone my car. :wallbash:
On the way back from Manchester i called in at 124 Works to see if Ian could fit me in and reset the light. Even though he had three jobs on the go he greeted me like an old friend and it was no trouble to fit me in.
Ian conneted my car up to the Star machine and cleared the code and tested the rest of the system.
He found the problem i've been having with the coolant level sensor and water bottle sensor and i need a new cam sensor as that code would come back when it was cleared.
40 mins of his time, two brews and a chat. . NO HOBNOBS :rolleyes:
Codes cleared and SRS light off . . . . . NO charge. :eek: Now that's what i call customer service. :D
I am booked in next week for the cam sensor and rad level sensor.
Dealers take note this is how its should be done and will guarantee my repeat business.
Who says he can't use STAR. ;)
Thanks again Ian see you next week.

sTeVe

Last edited:
yawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom