124 Works - Highly Recommended

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

teemsta

Car
1999 CLK 430
Hi,

I'm relatively new on this forum, however after reading through many of the posts I decided to take my CLK 430 to Ian at 124 works for a full 'B' service.

I would like to report that my experience with 124 works was very positive and I would happily recommend his garage to anyone looking for a high quality, professional service at reasonable value. All costs were outlined prior to the work being completed and any problems/ issues were clearly explained.

Ian is obviously an enthusiast and I genuinly feel as if he treated my car as if it were his own. Plus, I got the opportunity to take his 300E-24 as a courtesy car for the day which was a treat. My missus thought the Russian maffia had pulled up outside the house :D

Cheers, Tom

yes I had a good experience at Ian's and also borrowed his 300E 24V for a couple of hours, a very nice motor but did you hear the slight rattle from the drivers door card, drove me nuts

Ha Ha, no it must have been fixed as I can't say I remember hearing anything!

10/10 from me, like dealing with a mate rather than a buisness.

thumbs up from me to, highly recomended :D

Serviced my XC90

Ian serviced my CLK 270 earlier this year, first service outside the Stealership network. So I felt comfortable asking him to service our Volvo XC90.
Car was due a full service and needed a rear wheel bearing (I changed both rears).
For a courtesy car I had the option of his 2.3 engined 190 or 300-24v. I opted for the latter and had a pleasurable drive to Cumbria and back to retrieve the Volvo. My son was impressed with the Sebring twin exhaust on the 300E.
Good service overall.

Ian,

It's been a while... :) Great to continue to read good things about your business! Keep it up.

Scott

yay - likewise great to hear from you Scott - was only thinking about you the other day! Hope all is well. Have a great Christmas - and don't be a stranger :D

Hey Ian,
Do you run occassional 'mobile' service runs on the Southern front? You could check out my 300te tranny for me? ;)
All the best!

Hey Ian,
Do you run occassional 'mobile' service runs on the Southern front? You could check out my 300te tranny for me? ;)
All the best!
To do that would be cost prohibitive in all honesty. You may be better suited visiting Ollie (BlackC55) in Portsmouth. Also VERY Highly recommended on this site.

To do that would be cost prohibitive in all honesty. You may be better suited visiting Ollie (BlackC55) in Portsmouth. Also VERY Highly recommended on this site.

To go and work on someones driveway where you don't have all your tools and certainly dont have a ramp is a recipe for disaster;) . If people are too far away they should find a good local garage - they are out there. I make a conscious choice to go to Ian despite the extra time and fuel it costs me.

Hey Ian,
You could check out my 300te tranny for me? ;)
All the best!

Like this one??

Attachments

• Transvestite-Celebrities.jpg
    Transvestite-Celebrities.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 448
not happy

Took my 320 w211 cdi in last year (may) for a service and was offered tea/coffee and A digestive,:eek: not impressed.everybody who knows me knows i only eat hobnobs.( didnt have any and wouldnt go and get some :mad: ).
He also allowed me to walk the 100 yards to the cafe ( slight drizzle and a bit chilly ) where i had to buy my own breckfast,Again not impressed.

:)

and another thing while im at it :mad:
his quoted price was soooooooooo very wrong,it was actually less :eek:
BUT i still wont go back untill he gets some HOBNOBS in .

The Irish Millionaire

Mick, from Dublin , appeared on
'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire'
and towards the end of the program had already won 500,000 pounds.

You've done very well so far, said, Chris Tarrant, the show's
presenter, but for a million pounds you've only got one lifeline left -
phone a friend.
Everything is riding on this question......will you go for it?

Sure, said Mick. I'll have a go!
Which of the following birds does NOT build its own nest?

A: Sparrow
B: Thrush
C: Magpie
D: Cuckoo

I haven't got a clue, said Mick, so I'll use me last lifeline and phone
me friend ian back home in Dublin . Mick called up his mate, and told
him the circumstances and repeated the question to him.

****** hell, Mick! cried ian. Dat's simple......it's a cuckoo.

Are you sure?
I'm ****** sure. Mick hung up the phone and told Chris,
I'll go wit Cuckoo as me answer.
Is that your final answer, asked Chris.

Dat it is, Sir.

There was a long - long pause, and then the presenter screamed,
Cuckoo is the correct answer! Mick, you've won 1 million pounds!

The next night, Mick invited ian to their local pub to buy him a
drink.

Tell me, ian, how in heaven's name did you know it was da
Cuckoo that doesn't build its own nest?

Because the Cuckoo lives in a ****** clock!

thank you,i'll get me coat now :p

Plain chocolate hobnobs are the Daddies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom