124 works

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st4

Banned
Car
C220cdi tourer
Is the biz.

Popped in socially on the way back from my holidays to see Ian and Andy (John was not around).

Ian did not have hobknobs but one better, proper McVitties cereal bars and they were good.

Ian kindly let me drive his latest acquisition and it, well ****ing shifts. Its in pretty good nick and drives like a new car would.

Ian kindly, for free checked my car on star. I have issues starting the car if I leave it any time, which I seldom do because I drive a lot and he quickly flagged the battery control unit and advised when am back to get that looked at.

Sadly, he confirmed my fears. The shed is beginning to rust on the rear wheel arches, winter has taken its toll. Its very galling to think

1. Such a new car even has this issue.
2. Worsed as its galvanised.

I'll get the arches sorted.

Ian also identified something I would not. The rubbers on the door and the gap between them is a massive rust spot. He advised "get some waxoil in there immediately or you will have problems". Duely done and probably saved me a bomb in body shop bills.

Top man as is trapperjohn who very kindly had me and my mate over for a bit. Thanks again for the hospitality mate. :thumb:

By 2005 these issues should have been sorted - should not be any rust on a Mercedes at that age.

The Volvo is 3 years older, and the only rust is on the drivers door where someone has been clumsy and knocked paint of the leading edge...

By 2005 these issues should have been sorted - should not be any rust on a Mercedes at that age.

The Volvo is 3 years older, and the only rust is on the drivers door where someone has been clumsy and knocked paint of the leading edge...

In the cars defence its very very minor but definately the beginnings. I spied it last week and thought "that was not there last time I was cleaning the arches".

Ian confirmed what I did not want to know.

I've shoved some waxoil up there.

I wont even bother going to a dealer to get it fixed, someone very knowledgable on the other forum has recommended a good body shop in Glasgow where I'll take it too.

Meanwhile, the waxoil will prevent it getting worse.

Ians handy work with star revealed the other issue, which I will get done in a few weeks as its due another service. I'll go to the place in Ibrox and get it looked after there now its out of dealer warranty.

Ian kindly, for free checked my car on star. I have issues starting the car if I leave it any time, which I seldom do because I drive a lot and he quickly flagged the battery control unit and advised when am back to get that looked at.

Are you still on the original battery?

Mine's now showing signs of getting tired at 6 years old.

Are you still on the original battery?

Mine's now showing signs of getting tired at 6 years old.

Yes and no.

Still on original main battery but a new auxilury one for the SBC in August last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom