124s still holding their value. 200K+ on this one.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice looking car, but no picture of the driver or passenger seats. Aren't the non-turbo diesels a little slow? :dk:

Agreed no pictures of the drivers and pax seats. A little odd given the amount of pictures there.

The 24v is quicker and smoother than the 12v of course and defo slower than the turbo but you have to "move up?" to an early 210 to get the turbo. Not sure I fancy an early 210!! The good ones are out there but they do take some finding.

The 220 that I have recently bought is as tidy as that one and I only paid £250 for it,I presume the diesels are worth a lot more

Bidders I.D hidden...how many genuine bidders amongst the current crop ?

The 220 that I have recently bought is as tidy as that one and I only paid £250 for it,I presume the diesels are worth a lot more

Now that was a bargain ortho seat too. Let me know when or if you sell.

CHEERS

Now that was a bargain ortho seat too. Let me know when or if you sell.

CHEERS

Its a car that I have looked after for the last 3 years,the owner got handed a 55 passat diesel but had no takers for the Merc so he let me have it for scrap money as the mot only had a few days left(it went straight through with no advisories:D)

Its a car that I have looked after for the last 3 years,the owner got handed a 55 passat diesel but had no takers for the Merc so he let me have it for scrap money as the mot only had a few days left(it went straight through with no advisories:D)

God you know how to hurt a man:p Good Luck with it:thumb:

hi

i just bought another 124 E300D estate (1994 model) for £727 :) it needs a bit of work but nothing major. average price of one that needs work seems to be around £1000 to £1500 at the moment....

as for them being slow.... well yes they are but they are fine in reality. this only relates to acceleration..... they can hit 100 no problem so top speed isnt an issue. if you are what i consider to be a "normal driver" and not some boy racer who wants to tear around everywhere then you wont have a problem with the speed.

I've always thought of a W124 diesel estate as being a reasonably sought after car so not sure that seeing one up for sale at under a grand is any evidence of it holding its value!

Isn't this price point for one more the territory of the beater?

A few bids must have been withdrawn as I'm sure it was for more

i guess its all down to many of them getting so tatty thats all they will achieve, and also the cost of fuel (they arnt very economical if run on Diesel). Good ones will always fetch better prices.

Many also have done mega mileage. The one i bought has rust in all the usual spots and has done 220k... neither worries me really - i can fix the rust to an acceptable standard and the cars mileage is no concern with the OM606 engine. I consider just over £700 for a w124 multivalve deisel estate a bargain as i know the sort of car they are and i know that after a bit of TLC here and there it will be a better car overall than anything else I could of got for that price, and probably up to a good few grand.

Last edited:
Either the car isn't able / cannot move.

Apalling photography.

My guess its in a yard blocked in by other vehicles (probably also for sale).

Sorry but its way overpriced for the presentation of it.

Either the car isn't able / cannot move.

Apalling photography.

My guess its in a yard blocked in by other vehicles (probably also for sale).

Sorry but its way overpriced for the presentation of it.

I don't see how £959 (currently) for an E300D estate with plenty of MOT, some road tax and a nice set of alloys is way over-priced.

£1,042.00 winning bid.

My god.

are you saying thats too cheap or too expensive??????

personally if i got that for £1042 i'd be pretty happy.... it certainly isnt overpriced. its a multivalve 606 - its just run in!

what do you think its worth then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom