126 lovers gorge on this beauty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wow! Fully retro, right down to the sheepskin / lambswool over rugs and period Pioneer Centrate component stereo.

My sort of car, great colour too and the price seems fair for an original car which hasn't been messed about.

Wow! Fully retro, right down to the sheepskin / lambswool over rugs and period Pioneer Centrate component stereo.

My sort of car, great colour too and the price seems fair for an original car which hasn't been messed about.

everything that man ^ said, when i opened up the pics i honestly thought he would be asking 20k for that, that is a lovely car

A good example of how to advertise a car also.

Certainly clean, not cheap, but not silly money either.

You'd really have to want it though to pay that much for it (in so much as I don't see it as an investment).

10 grand cost plus petrol money for a 5 litre means one has to have a few bob spare to enjoy this. The real trick is find these beauties before they get to a dealer! but an absolutely gorgeous example.

may be a big 5L and may be getting on now, but its still some car, not just heated rear seats but heated reclining rear seats, if i have not mis-read the ad that is!!!!!

i really like it and think its a fair price too, i suppose you have got to really want one to spend 10k, looks like a belter to me

Everything about it wreaks class, I like it a lot.

How much would it have been back in its day?

Never heard of a two-tone town and country horn before.

It's a factory option which adds a pair of twin-tones together with the regular disc horns, both controlled via aswitch on the console, usually under the ashtray on these cars.

Whoops, should have studied the ad more closely. The town & country horn switch on this car is next to the hazards.

Last edited:
If i recall correctly, every 126 I have had has had a t&c horn

Not on my current 126 as it's a fairly poverty spec 300SE with only aircon & alloys.

not sure how much it would go up in value tho at 10k

Wow! Luxury compared to my old 1988 300SE then. Beautiful condition but had none of the above.

Compared to my old 1982 380SEL in thistle green which finally succumbed to terminal rust after 270k miles, the one I have now seems basic - it hasn't got leather, so no electric or heated seats, nor sunroof, headlamp wipers or t&c horn :)

Without leather, it feels basic inside. Although far from mint, it's only had 2 owners, under 70k miles and drives well. Even the original Becker Grand Prix stereo works, but sounds awful.

I do miss the V8 exhaust note and effortless motorway cruising. The 103 engine is very low geared compared to that and hence fuel economy is no better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom