126 SEC with M120 V12

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercboiuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
1995 E320 Coupe
To me this is a cool conversion:
Used 1987 Mercedes-Benz SEC Series SEC for sale in Essex | Pistonheads

V12 power in an older 126 is very appealing. Hopefully a properly executed conversion. Shame the seller doesn't list what the remaining required work.

Add a proper AMG steering wheel, AMG side skirts & Recaro seats and it would be truly wonderful!

I know it's an SEC, so hardly a Lotus, but I wonder how different she handles with a huge V12 up front, versus the V8?

Darren

Last edited:
Lovely but not 24k lovely

I think Jay could build one himself for a heck of alot less !

Taking on someone elses unfinished project for 24k?, pass thanks nice and all that the car could be.

If he was realistic on price I'd buy it.

Still not realistic , doesn't even say if it runs ?

£10k tops

How would you estimate the breakdown of the £35000 the seller says he has spent on the car?

Does the list of items given as work done on the car and the (second hand?) engine / conversation seem reasonable for the money spent?

How would you estimate the breakdown of the £35000 the seller says he has spent on the car?

Does the list of items given as work done on the car and the (second hand?) engine / conversation seem reasonable for the money spent?

Unless he used a brand new engine,can't see how he spent 35k on it

Cars like this are a hobby and you'll see none of your money back... 90k+ miles ... Non-original engine? It wouldn't make £10k ever in my mind. It's a curiosity rather than collectible. It's a couple of years driving away from £5k ...

Don't see the point of that TBH.

Would have made more sense to spend the £££ restoring a 560SEC to as new condition.

I cant see the point either..

If you really feel the need to have more than the 560's 300 BHP then an early M119 is the best transplant to do.

The V12 is just not well suited.

I dont think it will drive, i bet its not finished and he has come across a road block of some kind and got fed up with it.

Worth about the value of the parts so maybe 5K unless it does run and drive then maybe 10K.

I feel for the bloke. Very unlikely to get anywhere close to what he wants. Interesting though..

I offered him 4k and he said he would think about it. hah. something unreal about this. think he knows its only ever gonna be worth on a very good day half what he has put into it so is just fabricating the cost in so he can show what he want is realistic. but it is NOT is it. If this is a beast that is will stand the test of time for the only reason why it would be build then 10k maybe, needs fully documented project and photos and tickets to substantiate it. Not gonna happen

Whats the bet he sells it? Keeps it? :)

Looks like a dream gone sour. The seller is like the Gatsby of C126s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom