129 seat switch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
1991 sl300-24 project,s124 280,w115 no interior, w108 project no engine
Long shot.

Does anyone have a seat switch for the nearside of a 129 (non memory) they could lend me to test my wiring? Having a right 'mare with a now-very-strangely-positioned passenger seat, and no wiring diagram :(

TIA

jonnyboy, not meaning to teach how to suck eggs, but have you checked the electronic adjustment box?

Both of mine had broken solder joints inside which, when soldered, made the seats move in ways that they previously hadn't. The replacement control box as I'm sure you're aware are damn expensive, but to take out the box open it and check the soldering costs nowt. They all go after some time apparently due to the way they're designed and the constant movement / flexing around the joint. As a test, do the lights come on around the seat diagram and sometimes to move the seat takes a push on the trim or firm push on the control?

On hols at the moment so reply to the thread may take a little time so apols in advance.

Watch Tamagacho's R129 door panel removal video on youtube to see how to remove the control box if you don't know - easier than explaining!

My car has electric seats without memory - if all else fails and you want to come over to mine and swap one of mine into yours let me know...

J

ooooo didn't realise there was a box !!
Will look into that, cheers James.

Could only find tamango's range of vids, I can see the door panel removal one but nothing to do with a control box, just the switch?

Hey.

It's the switch box I'm speaking about - the grey plastic box behind the wooden interior panel - the one that the plastic switches for the headrest, backrent etc come from.

Open up the box carefully from behind having removed it from wooden trim - watch there are a couple of (non important) springs, and you can see the circuit board. guarantee some of the solder fixings are broken / knackered.

re-solder them and it will work as good as new - good luck - give me a yell here if you need anything more - off a greek ferry and back online later tomorrow so will check then.

Cheers,

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom