129 SL roof not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyPCD

Car
C250 cdi amg sport plus
Hi guys

Got an 129 SL and the roof does not work.

When you press the switch either way it just flashes red, the windows do not lower and the roof does not release.

Also the roll over bar does not work which ever way you press it, the bar is down so dont think it has deployed.

I have checked the fuses and they are ok. I sent the roof control unit away and it has been checked and repaired so it cant be that. Also the relay has been replaced for the pump

Many thanks in advance:thumb:

The fault memory may have to be erased. They do have one too.

Are you sure the roof control unit is ok? They are a very common problem and I have one in ATM. £1000 for the unit!

Oh and have you checked the OVP. These can also cause roof issues.

Hi and thanks

I have had the control unit tested and repaired so am sure that is ok.

Is the ovp located in the left hand side of the engine bay. How easy is this to test if so how do i test it

I had the same symptoms. Low voltage had triggered various sensor faults which needed to be cleared via STAR. Roof, windows, and roll bar all worked fine after that.

So I would start by getting the error codes read.

I had the same symptoms. Low voltage had triggered various sensor faults which needed to be cleared via STAR. Roof, windows, and roll bar all worked fine after that.

So I would start by getting the error codes read.

Hi thanks for the advice

Car is too early to go on the star as it has the black rectangle plug onder the bonnet up near the bulk head.

So im not too sure how to get the error codes read and cleared as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom