12V BATTERY REPLACEMENT C350E

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can you get the RAC to fit a genuine battery ?

The steps 3,4 and 5 from the quote don't make much sens. I would strongly suggest to contact another dealer to make sure it's right. Won't cost you anything to make a phone call.
OP's car may have updates for firmware - I know that last December there was an update for the powertrain in my C300h. Ok, mine is not C350e, but chances are there might have been an update for the powertrain in the C350e too.

On a complex car like the rechargeable hybrids, it would make sense to take out an MB tier 1 extended warranty for the next two years. The extended warranty probably wouldn't cover the battery, but might cover the reprogramming of the units if these are required to restore the full operations of the car.

Doubt it will cover reprogramming, I have a T1 warranty on my SLK and engine warning light came on 2 months after buying it. Needed the exhaust software updating / reprogramming, not covered the MB dealer said . Took nearly two hours , correct as I was watching through the glass viewing panel , but they were very good ( even though they didn't sell the car to me ) as I have a service contract they only charged me for 30 minutes labour £75 , was very happy

Doubt it will cover reprogramming, I have a T1 warranty on my SLK and engine warning light came on 2 months after buying it. Needed the exhaust software updating / reprogramming, not covered the MB dealer said . Took nearly two hours , correct as I was watching through the glass viewing panel , but they were very good ( even though they didn't sell the car to me ) as I have a service contract they only charged me for 30 minutes labour £75 , was very happy
The transmission update was a recall (if I remember correctly) so this should be done free of charge. The remaining items were posted as recoding the units. This is not the same as new software, is it? I take as coding (as in SCN coding) the units, presumably said unit lost their coding somehow with the faulty battery?

Note: The C300h and C350e hybrids are still pretty much prototypes from Mercedes with loads of complaints and updates from MB. It seems MB is trying to tune the software to get it right with the engine cutting out and in at the correct time across different terrains and driving styles.

Has anyone ever changed the battery without recoding on a 350e?

Has anyone ever changed the battery without recoding on a 350e?
I changed mine on an e350 . If I ever did another I'd make sure to provide 12v to the terminals before taking the cables off , the error codes I got was 3 pages . They all needed erasing ,but the car recognised everything eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom