12V supply for dash cam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

100%Bitch

Car
C215 CL600, C216 CL500, R172 SLK55, R170 SLK230K, Nissan Cube & Auto Trail Comanche
Hi guys

Can anyone suggest a permanent/unswitched 12V supply for a dash cam on a c216 (or any suitable supply)?

Preferably in the fuse panel on the driver's side.

Helen

Get yourself to Halfords and pick up one of these. Then find a suitable fuse to plug it into. Job done. :)

That's a rather good idea. :bannana:

I still need to know if anyone knows of a 12V supply which is permanently live.:dk:

How's the "chip fat burner" RH?

Last edited:
No idea which fuse as I've never seen anything as new as your car but it wouldn't be rocket science to find one with a suitable meter. I'm around most of the week if you need a hand.

Chip burner is running sweet, very much a work in progress but that's just how I like it. :)

Edit: Those piggyback gadgets are available cheaper online from various places, I just linked Halfords for speed. They were open at the time of posting...

Last edited:
No idea which fuse as I've never seen anything as new as your car but it wouldn't be rocket science to find one with a suitable meter. I'm around most of the week if you need a hand.

Chip burner is running sweet, very much a work in progress but that's just how I like it. :)

Edit: Those piggyback gadgets are available cheaper online from various places, I just linked Halfords for speed. They were open at the time of posting...

Thanks RH, speed is good (unless it's tablet form). :thumb:

Thanks RH, speed is good (unless it's tablet form). :thumb:

I have literally no idea what that means but judging by the look on several ladies' faces as they uttered "What? Already...?" I didn't think speed was all that good? :confused:

Helen, welcome back...I know a man who would know the answer but...

Helen, welcome back...I know a man who would know the answer but...

Thank you, and yes, exactly. ;)

Feed to the internal light.

I'll give that a try, thanks.

Hi guys

Can anyone suggest a permanent/unswitched 12V supply for a dash cam on a c216 (or any suitable supply)?

Preferably in the fuse panel on the driver's side.

Helen

On my W203, ALL of the empty fuse slots in the fuse block behind the dash on the drivers side had permanent 12V.

Using this:

Get yourself to Halfords and pick up one of these. Then find a suitable fuse to plug it into. Job done. :)

I created a permanent charger for my mobile phone cradle on the dash.

Keep in mind though that the device mentioned above provides un-fused current - I added an in-line fuse.

Excellent. This thread has solved a problem for me without me having to ask. The good wife has recently purchased gps tracker units for our cars, and I was wondering how I was going to wire it in easily. Now just got to find somewhere to hide it that is relatively easy to get to(and run the cable to)
Cheers

Excellent. This thread has solved a problem for me without me having to ask. The good wife has recently purchased gps tracker units for our cars, and I was wondering how I was going to wire it in easily. Now just got to find somewhere to hide it that is relatively easy to get to(and run the cable to)
Cheers

There is quite a lot of space behind the dash, you'll see it when you remove the access panel to the fuse box. Obviously it will depend on the size and shape of your device.

Incidentally, the official location for the GPS antenna for a retrofitted COMAND on my car is under the dash, on top of the instrument cluster.

There is quite a lot of space behind the dash, you'll see it when you remove the access panel to the fuse box. Obviously it will depend on the size and shape of your device.

Incidentally, the official location for the GPS antenna for a retrofitted COMAND on my car is under the dash, on top of the instrument cluster.

Good to know, thanks
Tracker is just a little bigger than a box of matchs

Good to know, thanks
Tracker is just a little bigger than a box of matchs

Should fit nicely then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom