12v supply R230

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SL350_SWINDON

Car
SL350 2003
Hi Chaps, I'm looking to hard wire in my Bluetooth device.
At present its connected to the cigarette lighter, but when the voltage drops and consumers offline message appears it cuts the cigarette lighter supply.
Ideally it will be an ignition live so only come on with ignition.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Dec, thanks for the reply. I have an additional socket like in your link, I just need to know the best place to wire it in. I don't use the car much so sometimes I get consumers offline message, this stops power to the cigarette lighter socket until the battery is charged from 2 mins of driving.

If you don’t use the car very often then you will always get the consumers offline message because the battery is in a low state of charge.

The wipers or the horn I think would still work with the consumer’s offline message and would be off with ignition.

How often do you use the car and how far do you travel when you do use it?

Dec

You hardly use the car, it takes a 2 minute drive to get the consumer offline to go and the power to come back.
How many phone calls do you get in the 2 minutes after you've just started driving?

Seems like a bit of a pointless exercise really, as if the battery is low you wouldn't be playing the radio/command anyway to get the use out of the bluetooth?

Bluetooth device is for music also.
Command still works with consumers offline.

Horn or wipers is a great shout! Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom