13 litre V8 Cobra

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Zero to Casualty in less than 10 seconds. Bargain!

:eek::eek::eek:

... I love the fact that it has so much power yet has the quaint skinny (period) steering wheel
Also that ridiculous air intake looks like it's been lifted straight off the back of the WW2 aircraft with the same name (P-39 Aircobra) ;)
IMG_20190227_195256.jpg

I love this car, but I think much weight can be saved by ditching the 4 point seat belts and roll hoops. Lets face it, when it all goes pear shaped when driving this monster (and it will) they are going to be as much use as a chocolate cutting torch....:eek:

Nasty carbuncle on the bonnet, otherwise, nice!

Ideal for nipping down to Tesco for a pint of milk on a Sunday morning...

If the psychologists are correct, the buyer will be a bodybuilder who's taken so many steroids that he can't find his penis in the bath with both hands.

Engine based on a Donovan custom aluminium block. Mainly based on Chevy big or small block V8 engines. Donovan started making custom blocks for American hot rod drag racing.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was thinking (and I believe they are a requirement for new cars in the UK anyway) I would want the head restraints purely to rest my head against on acceleration coz let's face it, its gonna rip off you head otherwise!
Love the anti-clockwise speedo...
IMG_20190228_065854.jpg

‘This car comes with
  • In Car Entertainment (Radio/Cassette)’

A lot of cobras being built to an authentic spec have a reverse sweep tacho to mimic the original 60's cars. I had head restraints on my old cobra (a legal requirement now to pass the IVA test) but because the seats are so low it was more like an upper back/shoulders restraint. Definitely required though at full acceleration, can really push the body back!

Looks insane! Would it be U.K. road legal though? Doesn’t say so and there’s no sign of number plates.

I also wonder about the power claim: I recall that most big US V8 engines make about 1hp and 1 lb ft per cubic inch of capacity, e.g. GM crate engines. This makes way more - is that because it’s a bespoke engine or because it needs race fuel to get that kind of power?

All academic really, I still think it looks fab.

I would like it more without the scoop

I usually like Cobras but that one just looks way over the top with the brute scoop and massive exhausts. Like a cartoon or a child's toy.

Ideal for nipping down to Tesco for a pint of milk on a Sunday morning...

If the psychologists are correct, the buyer will be a bodybuilder who's taken so many steroids that he can't find his penis in the bath with both hands.

And when you come out of Tesco holding your pint of milk, just think that three of them is equivalent to the volume of one cylinder in that car :eek:

In fact one cylinder in that beast is more than the four cylinders in my Suzuki Ignis. :confused:

Knowing that each cylinder should be 333cc for best efficiency, having 1.6 litres per pot must be the biggest insult yet to volumetrics!

Still love it though....

Brutal. Will wake the dead on startup. 5 mpg???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom