13 year old robber beaten up ........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A good friend who lives fairly close sent me the original video the other day.
He named the clip ‘Are you missing the mainland’ ?
Deeply disturbing and very sad.

Fair play i feel. There is always a loser in these type of events, it was just the right end of the stick this time

Unpopular opinion, it would seem, but personally I think that at 13, he will be the byproduct of his environment, imitating what he saw older kids and grown-ups around him do, perhaps even in his own home.

Unpopular opinion, it would seem, but personally I think that at 13, he will be the byproduct of his environment, imitating what he saw older kids and grown-ups around him do, perhaps even in his own home.
I think you may well be right. Nevertheless, robbing kids at knifepoint is unlikely IMHO to win much sympathy from most people.

I think you may well be right. Nevertheless, robbing kids at knifepoint is unlikely IMHO to win much sympathy from most people.
But does beating up a child is surely wrong.

But does beating up a child is surely wrong.
I’m not saying it’s right, just being realistic. How would you feel if your kids were the ones being robbed at knifepoint?

I’m not saying it’s right, just being realistic. How would you feel if your kids were the ones being robbed at knifepoint?
I would feel like beating the proverbial out of the kid but that is why we have police and the courts as the victims of crime are very seldom objective enough to administer justice.

I would feel like beating the proverbial out of the kid but that is why we have police and the courts as the victims of crime are very seldom objective enough to administer justice.
Clearly there are some that aren’t as confident in the justice system as you are.

FWIW, I am not trying to justify the beating of a 13-year old, merely not expressing surprise given the circumstances.

Clearly there are some that aren’t as confident in the justice system as you are.

FWIW, I am not trying to justify the beating of a 13-year old, merely not expressing surprise given the circumstances.
You are of course absolutely right, sadly neither am I.

Of course knife wielding 13 year olds are a product of their parents and environment but unless something is done they go on to murder people. To say they are children deserving empathy is nonsense, they just grew up fast in a hard environment and know perfectly well what they are doing. I don't see the authorities resolving the problem using a softly softly approach so in this particular case the criminal act was punished appropriately.

You can only hope they grow out of it in time. How's that for empathy.

"The young man accepts that he's made a wrong decision by holding a knife and robbing people".

And he'll make the same 'wrong decision' again as soon as he has the opportunity. But this time, just for once, one of the little bastards has got his comeuppance,,,

Good.

I don't really care too much about his upbringing; what I want, first and foremost, is for him, and all the others like him, to either stop doing it, or be stopped from doing it. Social workers bleating about 'making wrong decisions' do nothing to achieve that.

Had he not been "caught" we may now be reading about his next victim and the death of yet another youngster from knife crime. Afraid I have no sympathy for him getting a good hiding , hopefully he may reconsider the error of his ways. Can`t imagine the terror his victims felt and may continue to feel. As for justice ours is a ****ing joke , slap on the wrist and back on the streets.

In short no dads, no discipline, at home or in school.
I grew up in the 1950's/60's.
At school the cane was the word
My dad was an ex WW2 Para, 6th Airborne he would beat the $chit out of us at 13 if we stepped out of line .
We called him "striker of the yard" !
Then as an apprentice @15 the lead hand an ex WW2 RN Bosun.
He kept discipline in the shop .
As a snot nosed youth, we all learned to treat "Bonehead" with respect or suffer the consequences.
I can imagine him keeping order & discipline below decks at sea.
Tuercas viejas

This incident might actually save this kid or anothers life now as he must have known he was too young to be arrested and thought he was untouchable, he would steadily get bolder and more daring until it was too late

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom