13 year old robber beaten up ........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks for the post,!
FROM TEXAS Yuwz GUYS
Where its is prefectly legal to carry a long gun in public.
AND where my sons in Colorado, who get stopped by Jefferson Cnty Cops for speeding in a Landrover. Each declare they are carrying firearms coming back from the range
From the Cop:-
"Well I wont touch mine if you don't touch yours", uttered the very respectful American (Colorado) highway patrol officer.
He got a ticket for speeding and then they discussed firearm merits for a few minutes with my sons Israeli made AR 15's in a carry case .

As an English now an American, I love the rights Americans fought for as English colonists to preserve their rights to bear arms.

Tuercas Viejas
What my sons both (Brits and American) use at the range .
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Hi,
We are so lucky to live in Abu Dhabi - right next door to a sports resort that has a great shooting range!
When we lived in Dubai - my son and I joined Sharjah shooting club and he did an intense shooting course - firing live .22 pistols & rifles - aged 8!
Whenever friends visit us from UK - we take them next door to Al Forsan shooting range to try out some of their weapons!
Here a few photos from a friends visit - his daughter is in these photos - it was the first time that she had shot a pistol and she did really well!
Also in one photo you can see a pair of really nice .44 magnums that you can shoot there!
View attachment 110105View attachment 110106View attachment 110107
Cheers
Steve
Yes Steve, I introduced my three youngest kids to live fire .22 firearms, at the same age 8 year old .
That was behind my "in laws" cabin in the woods in Idaho.
Like your daughter, my youngest Katerina , showed she was a match for the boys with this.
Nice grouping tell, your daughter, you must be proud of her!
All Brit female !
Amistades
Tuercas viejas

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Hi,
We are so lucky to live in Abu Dhabi - right next door to a sports resort that has a great shooting range!
When we lived in Dubai - my son and I joined Sharjah shooting club and he did an intense shooting course - firing live .22 pistols & rifles - aged 8!
Whenever friends visit us from UK - we take them next door to Al Forsan shooting range to try out some of their weapons!
Here a few photos from a friends visit - his daughter is in these photos - it was the first time that she had shot a pistol and she did really well!
Also in one photo you can see a pair of really nice .44 magnums that you can shoot there!
View attachment 110105View attachment 110106View attachment 110107
Cheers
Steve
Indeed she did quite well Steve but tbh pic 2 shows it was fairly close range. 🤔

I’ll get me coat. ☺️

This is turning in to the 'right to bare arms' discussion.
That is something Americans can't agree on, so something I'm unlikely, as a soft Brit w/o understanding of guns, is likely to dissuade avid supporters from.

Of course the rare examples of kids taking out many in schools instead of doing homework isn't representative of all America.
Someone creating an armoury of semi auto's in a Laz Vegas hotel room for his own vision of sport isn't the desire of every gun toting American.
But to compare the likelihood of being bumped off at 3.8 times that of the UK surely has some relevance to the easy availability of these weapons.

"Hey kid you got any guns on yer?"
"Yeh officer, I got this little thing I'm taking to Gramma." isn't something we would expect here.
"Well done kid, that's a nice piece you're a thoughtful guy."

London has seen a couple of occasions of mass stabbings of w/e revellers. That hit us hard at those times.
If a couple of boozy boozers had guns they could have taken out those cowardly gits.
But those cowardly gits would surely have been using guns if available.
Hero's against knives, or heroes with guns against guns. Which scenario is likely to end with a lesser loss of life?
Of course it was police with guns that finished the show, there is a place. Unfortunately.

M80
Not really (to the bearing of arms) , but what to you is an Ex Pat? (Curious)

You keep citing guns & crime in the USA but as I asked, what about the rest of the of the Americas?
Perhaps like most Brits you are not fluent enough or have the inclination to dare to compare crime rates of American countries/cities versus the UK.
Here is a link to doing just that !
In this case citing Argentina (a small-ish country) which is more or less the same size as the UK with a 3rd less population.
I punched in Buenos Aires versus London as it has a similar population density as the UK capital and I have been there quite a few times since 1971.

You can with this link compare cities around the world and not need to do your own references .

I will mention in closing that when that off duty soldier was carved or butchered up in London a few years ago, it of course naturally prompted comments on this side similar to you and that Las Vegas shooting incident !
Several notable comments from Americans were "Your old country is fast becoming a Banana Republic" and the wise crack "You Brits need to grow a pair "!

As I stated the UK is NOT the "Gold Standard" by any means, but with the link you can compare how the UK measures up to what you might perceive is a Banana Republic.
Con Cautela y Amistades
Tuercas Viejas

Last edited:
M80
Not really (to the bearing of arms) , but what to you is an Ex Pat? (Curious)

You keep citing guns & crime in the USA but as I asked, what about the rest of the of the Americas?
Perhaps like most Brits you are not fluent enough or have the inclination to dare to compare crime rates of American countries/cities versus the UK.
Here is a link to doing just that !
In this case citing Argentina (a small-ish country) which is more or less the same size as the UK with a 3rd less population.
I punched in Buenos Aires versus London as it has a similar population density as the UK capital and I have been there quite a few times since 1971.

You can with this link compare cities around the world and not need to do your own references .

I will mention in closing that when that off duty soldier was carved or butchered up in London a few years ago, it of course naturally prompted comments on this side similar to you and that Las Vegas shooting incident !
Several notable comments from Americans were "Your old country is fast becoming a Banana Republic" and the wise crack "You Brits need to grow a pair "!

As I stated the UK is NOT the "Gold Standard" by any means, but with the link you can compare how the UK measures up to what you might perceive is a Banana Republic.
Con Cautela y Amistades
Tuercas Viejas
Interesting comparison, but how meaningful is it when it's totally based on the perceptions of those people who have contributed to the surveys? The views of residents are likely very different to those of visitors. And again the views of those within those groups are likely very different too, based on experience and interpretation of other people's opinions. But of course, as they rightly say in their explanation of crime indices, different countries will inevitably report crimes in different ways. So basically, what's the point of these comparisons other than to provide an interesting but inconclusive snapshot?

That is something Americans can't agree on, so something I'm unlikely, as a soft Brit w/o understanding of guns, is likely to dissuade avid supporters from.

Of course the rare examples of kids taking out many in schools instead of doing homework isn't representative of all America.
Someone creating an armoury of semi auto's in a Laz Vegas hotel room for his own vision of sport isn't the desire of every gun toting American.
But to compare the likelihood of being bumped off at 3.8 times that of the UK surely has some relevance to the easy availability of these weapons.

"Hey kid you got any guns on yer?"
"Yeh officer, I got this little thing I'm taking to Gramma." isn't something we would expect here.
"Well done kid, that's a nice piece you're a thoughtful guy."

London has seen a couple of occasions of mass stabbings of w/e revellers. That hit us hard at those times.
If a couple of boozy boozers had guns they could have taken out those cowardly gits.
But those cowardly gits would surely have been using guns if available.
Hero's against knives, or heroes with guns against guns. Which scenario is likely to end with a lesser loss of life?
Of course it was police with guns that finished the show, there is a place. Unfortunately.

I am a long-standing member of the UK NRA, I have an FAC and own several Section-1 firearms. But I don't believe that any civilian in the UK - myself included - should own a firearm for self-defence. My firearms are solely for sport and hobby use, and I can't envision a situation where I will be using them for anything else. The US is a different story.... it's a vast country with different States and different cultures. Owning a handgun is frowned-upon in Boston, and taken for granted in Texas.

Interesting comparison, but how meaningful is it when it's totally based on the perceptions of those people who have contributed to the surveys? The views of residents are likely very different to those of visitors. And again the views of those within those groups are likely very different too, based on experience and interpretation of other people's opinions. But of course, as they rightly say in their explanation of crime indices, different countries will inevitably report crimes in different ways. So basically, what's the point of these comparisons other than to provide an interesting but inconclusive snapshot?
Yes based upon preceptions, living there, etc, etc.
My pereceptions were/are the UK & London is far safer than Caracas (which in my opinion it is)
Asked by a friend who was from Bolivia and a banker for Citibank just before he was transferred to work in The City "!
With that assurrance (for what its worth) he and his familly left, only to be mugged & robbed at knife point only a week later!
Like I have stated several times within this thread , the UK is NOT the gold standard some of you would have overseas forum members believe.
Tuercas Viejas

Of course. There are some horrible examples of gun violence here in the US that you won't see in the UK. For the same reason that you'll never see the number of car accidents in the Amazon as you do in London. But home invasions, muggings, random assault, or people just brawling at 11PM on a Friday night? I used to see this all the time growing up in London and I never see any of that here. I'm not naïve to think that it doesn't happen, but it's rare enough where I live that I get peace of mind.

A family member of mine has a friend who owns and runs a training centre (not UK based) I spent a long afternoon and countless rounds getting (re) acquainted recently :)

View attachment 110137

Now let's see.... :D from right to left:

- AR15/M16

- AK47 (or clone)

- Cobray Street Sweeper

- Walther PP

- S&W 38 Special

- Glock 17

Last edited:
it's the 'not sure' that grabs the attention ...especially after squeezing the trigger 12 times in rapid succession... indoors , Brutal. :eek:

AK is Chinese . AR, S&W , Glock. spot on 👍

thumbnail 99.jpg

Folding & removable stock turns it into quite something else. Comes complete with a little nylon kit bag, carrying it that way looks like you might be on your way to the gym. If required in a hurry simply reach into your kit bag with one hand...no need to remove from the bag as (not surprisingly) it has the capacity to puncture the bag from within ;)

I was dealing with a guy today(not connected) but he is the National Fausti importer, showed me his shop and guns, which is less than a mile from my house....I never knew it was there!
Told me a few interesting stories.
One of the guns was £60k!
Nothing I know anything about(I do live in a shoot/hunt area)but very interesting.

it's the 'not sure' that grabs the attention ...especially after squeezing the trigger 12 times in rapid succession... indoors , Brutal. :eek:

AK is Chinese . AR, S&W , Glock. spot on 👍

I have edited my response.... worked-out what it was :D

I am a long-standing member of the UK NRA, I have an FAC and own several Section-1 firearms. But I don't believe that any civilian in the UK - myself included - should own a firearm for self-defence. My firearms are solely for sport and hobby use, and I can't envision a situation where I will be using them for anything else. The US is a different story.... it's a vast country with different States and different cultures. Owning a handgun is frowned-upon in Boston, and taken for granted in Texas.
Markay
As you have pointed out the gun laws in the US are not uniform and vary from state to state. Essentially the original 13 colonies have quite restrictive gun laws .
NY being probably the most difficult state to own a firearm in.

Now in Texas its totally opposite & you can legally walk about with a long gun.
I am sure to most Brits that is unconciable , but you have to understand Texas history to understand why!
Briefly Texas carved itself out of the Republic of Mexico by beating Gen Santa Anna at the Battle of San Jacinto, at the hands of Sam Houston's Texas Army in what is today modern day Houston .
That was in 1836 and from that date forward it was an Independent Republic and nothing to do with the United States at all !.
President Tyler took exception to Britain meddling diplomatically with the new found State of Texas, and his successor Pres Polk accepted annexation into the USA by the 1850 declaration.
This was fortunate because the State of Texas had run up a huge deficit of $10, Million . Briefly the USA absorbed their debt and Texas had to relinquish a huge amount of territory to the USA in exchange .
This was old Texas :-

As you can see it was to become after reliquishment parts of the states yet to form in their nucleus of Colorado ,Wyoming Kansas & Oklahoma. Plus half of New Mexico.

By accepting this 1850 aggreement Texas became legal entity within the Union and being as such has extraordinary legal powers & independance in comparison the the rest of the member states within the Union.
That includes gun laws & gun rights, and even gets into oil /mineral rights & exploration etc.

Tuercas Viejas

Last edited:
Close , but no Cigar. Armsel Striker 'Protecta'. Sometimes called 'The Street Sweeper'
I do get half a point, surely....? Even the Lovely Samantha would have agreed.

Was this in ZA? If so then I am surprised that there are no spent cartridges bags on the guns... ahmmm....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom