14U, 15U, 16U, 17U not available on a180d 2018 (MBUX)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rjm9614

Car
A-Class a180d 2018
Hi all, I've had an absolute mare with this for the past few days, being told different things by several people from Mercedes.
I have the new aclass 2018 with the MBUX system. I've been told by the CMS department that I need the FU1 (Fresh up 1) update which will then enable me to get the smart integration package which currently, I don't even have the option of purchasing via the mercedes me app. I've seen when entering my VIN number that the codes 14U, 15U, 16U, 17U are not even there. Where does this leave me? Is there a way I can get these codes added without voiding my warranty? Thanks

I've been told by the CMS department that I need the FU1 (Fresh up 1) update which will then enable me to get the smart integration package which currently, I don't even have the option of purchasing via the mercedes me app. I've seen when entering my VIN number that the codes 14U, 15U, 16U, 17U are not even there.
The Fresh Up 1 update has to be carried out by a dealer (or an authorised indie). My guess is that the options you want to add are not currently shown because against your VIN the system "knows" that they can't be deployed as it hasn't yet had the FU1 update.

The Fresh Up 1 update has to be carried out by a dealer (or an authorised indie). My guess is that the options you want to add are not currently shown because against your VIN the system "knows" that they can't be deployed as it hasn't yet had the FU1 update.
Thanks so much for a reply. When I called Mercedes they have no idea what an FU1 update is, including the dealership where I purchased my car. If I get the the update done, are you saying that the codes will show up? Sorry I don't know much about this.

If I get the the update done, are you saying that the codes will show up?
I can't say for certain, but that's my guess as OTA provisioning for options will only work if the car is capable of accepting them. The caveat to that is that I believe it isn't possible to add certain integration options to early examples of the W177.

You may want to ask over at the A-Class Forum as they concentrate just on those model lines, and there are quite a few people there who have gone through various trials and tribulations to get things to work.

Oh, and there's no need for you to apologise for not knowing anything - that's one of the reasons for joining this forum 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom