15% off Automatic Transmission Oil Change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackC55

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
E55K SL500 E250X2 Smart44 Brabus Track car E450Cabriolet X350 Pick up
15% discount on ATF Changes at Prestige Car Service

Getting the automatic gearbox oil changed at the correct intervals is very important to maintaining the life of the gearbox. We have proven that regular changes will help the gearbox last for many miles, keep it smooth and maintain good fuel economy. We have a Viano that we look after and it has done in excess of 670,000 miles and it has had only one gearbox re-build at 500,000 miles. We have seen other Mercedes that have not had their gearbox oil changed, fail at around 70-100,000 miles.

Most gearbox oil changes are due around the 40,000 mile mark. When we replace the oil we fit a new genuine filter and sump pan gasket. The automatic transmission fluid (ATF) that we use is for Mercedes-Benz automatic transmissions.

We have done many many gearbox oil changes and put a lot of effort into making sure it is the best job possible, please see our thread on ATF Changes to see the work that goes into it.

5 speed gearbox change normally £180. £153 with discount
7 speed gearbox change normally £185. £157.25 with discount

Please call 02392 570123 or email [email protected] to book in.

PCS Team :eek:

Hi,

I had mine changed at about 35,000. It's now at 92,000. Will it need doing again? It's getting progressively less-smooth especially when cold.

Thanks.

this is very inviting. however, is this something that can be done while i wait and can you do it on Saturdays as I'd have to drive down from London. But at least can have a weekend near the coast with the missus.

Olly, what about 722.8 (CVT) does that count as 5-speed? :)

I-CONICA
Yes it sounds very much like it could do with a change. Please call to book in if you would like to.

nsiddiqui
Yes this can be done while you wait. We only do one Saturday a month and our next one with an available appointment is the 3rd of October so let us know if you would like to book IN.

GLK
Yes that does count as a 5 speed, if/when you call too book in can you just make sure you tell us the info above.

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Last edited:
I will be booking in early October if that is ok guys? is this something I can wait around for if I book a slot to pop in :)

Mines a CLS320cdi w219 7 speed auto :)

Thanks

Cannon

Hi Cannon,

Yes that's fine. You can wait around no problem at all.

Olly

thanks - let me have a check of the diary.

Also, is there any way of telling if the ATF has ever been replaced. it's not part of the service schedule so would there be a record anywhere of it apart from a receipt (which i don't have)? if not then i'm on 76k which i would guess is the ideal time to get it done from what i've read.

Sprinter v6 auto

Hi, I have a 906 Sprinter based motorhome with 5 speed auto.
Occasionally the box jumps as it changes down when applying light throttle going up-hill.
Will an oil / filter change cure this? it has done 38000 miles.

John.

eurajohn said:
Hi, I have a 906 Sprinter based motorhome with 5 speed auto. Occasionally the box jumps as it changes down when applying light throttle going up-hill. Will an oil / filter change cure this? it has done 38000 miles. John.

It may help but you need to get the level checked first and the fault codes read.

I had the honour to watch Olly changing the ATF on my old C200 a few years ago. He is certainly very thorough.

I have just bought my car (used) and am looking to get the ATF changed as there are some issues. it's done 140k and not sure if the ATF has ever been changed! :eek:

Will call tomorrow to book it in :thumb:

Also, is there any way of telling if the ATF has ever been replaced. it's not part of the service schedule so would there be a record anywhere of it apart from a receipt (which i don't have)? if not then i'm on 76k which i would guess is the ideal time to get it done from what i've read.

Unfortunately there is no way to tell unless it is on the service receipts. If you aren't aware or aren't sure of it being done then we recommend you have it done just in case

Also, is there any way of telling if the ATF has ever been replaced.

Not before you do the atf change.

The four OE atf filters I've replaced had the (2 digit) year stamped on them and all were the age of the cars. That's a pretty reliable clue.

Bit late to the party on this one as I have been away but when is your next available Saturday. I would like to book in if you are still running this promotion.

Just a little to far for me to travel, can anyone recommend an independent in Manchester area for 7g-tronic oil and filter plus torque converter drain and refill?
Cheers

Bit late to the party on this one as I have been away but when is your next available Saturday. I would like to book in if you are still running this promotion.

Next Saturday we have available is 7th of November, yes you will still be able to have the discount then. Book up quick as we only do one Saturday a month now and they book up fast!

Olly how long roughly would it take, pending you having a ramp free, wouldnt mind trying to get to you one evening, but worried the car is a tad low and may not make it up the driveway anymore to your place :)

Cannnon said:
Olly how long roughly would it take, pending you having a ramp free, wouldnt mind trying to get to you one evening, but worried the car is a tad low and may not make it up the driveway anymore to your place :)

About an hour and a half.

I think the lowness will be fine. I've had very low cars and they always clear fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom