16" 10 hole wheels -225/55/r16 tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AANDYY

Car
E300DT-W210-1997-Elegance-Azurite Metalic Blue. (Don't mention the rust, LOL) Running on WVO. 65k m
Hi, my car has the standard 10 hole 16" wheels with 215/55/r16 tyres on.
My question is, is it possible to put 225/55/r16 tyres on? This would expand my tyre choice.

TIA :thumb:

Interesting, thanks, this is all new to me, I thought before I had to stick with what tyre size was on. According to the calculator on that site, I now have a further 5 choices.

Your handbook will normally give a range of sizes that were fitted, it does of course depend on other factors such as the wheel width as fitting tyres too wide on a narrow wheel is dangerous and vice versa, also on the wider option tyres fitted as standard the wheel offset may be different to avoid fouling the arches etc on lock but going up or down a size or two is not a problem.

Be careful if its a W210 though AANDYY i've just been through this loop if you look at my recent threads.

I've just had four new tyres fitted, 215 55 R16's, because the 225 55 R16's on the W211 Rucha alloys I bought for my w210 (along with bolt pack 4) are touching on the inside suspension arm. These Rucha alloys have virtually the same spec as the standard 16"alloys for the W210, 7.5" rims with offset ET42 (+1mm differance) but did'nt work with the 225 tyres.

I think it would be best to stick to the factory tyre sizes as can be seen on alloywheelsdirect.net fitting chart, which do not list 225 55 R16's on the W210...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom