16" or 17" wheels with winter/all weather tyres for '09 CLK 320 CDI Sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrbottomend

Car
CLK 320 CDI Sport
Been hunting around for a set - apparently need to retain the existing offset rear to front of 20 I believe i.e. currently 245 rear and 225 front I think.

Can't find anything at mo that is either half decent wheels (don't mind steel if have to) and half way decent tyres.

Anyone got any or a good poss source. I see some suppliers offer new sets but struggle with their formats to input wheel sizes and tyres and get a single easy quote - maybe me being dumb, but the sites all seem to offer separately then you order together. Would prefer second hand anyway for value i.e poss better qual/lower price than new.

Would like decent mid range tyres or premium. Pref say Pirellis or Falkens but other good brands considered.

Am looking for better grip/traction and a safer ride in bad conditions, and where conditions bad and road faults more diff to see e.g. say leaves, debris, water etc covering up crevasses etc...a smoother ride across our third world roads over the next few Months until better conditions return and I can put back on my silly but lovely on good roads low profile 18's.

16 inch wheels fit 05 95 plate Avantgarde CLK. Sport may have larger front discs.

It's not the disks. It's the fat calipers of the 320 cdi that do it ! Iirc the 320 cdi came with 17" wheels in elegance spec whilst the 220 cdi came with 16" in elegance spec

I changed from 17 to 16 inch to getter ride, it made almost no difference but tyres are around 30% cheaper and last longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom