16850 Batteries & Charger.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m80

MB Enthusiast
Car
Viano ex long, 651 2014. S211 646 2009 (till the Gov't drones blow 'em off the road)
Last year I bought an LED torch, w/o realising it took the 18650 rechargeable battery.
So it sat in my office as I couldn't think what to do with it.
This sort of thing, but maybe possible to get cheaper.
Police 20000LM T6 LED 18650 Super Bright Zoom Flashlight Powerful Lamp Torch UK | eBay

My laptop battery packed up, so I ordered a new one, it arrived but the wrong one, close but wouldn't fit. I had the correct one sent.

2 battery packs and the torch sat behind me and 2 weeks ago I decided to break open the duff pack, it uses the 18650 batteries, 4 in each pack.
All cells were good it was the charging cct that had packed up.
Even if the cells weren't at full capacity they would still serve some purpose as a power pack (below).

So I broke up both packs, cutting the joining strips between cells. Labelled the +ve end with some red insulation tape. In the torch and is the brightest LED torch I have (I have some for the boat that use AAA's).

So a charger,
5600mAh 2X 18650 USB Power Bank Battery Chargering Case DIY Box For Cell Phone | eBay
I've had 2 arrive this morning.
Charging happily behind me from USB outlet, with just 1 cell it'll charge my phone.

I'm intending to charge these cells from a 12 volt USB supply in the van and on the boat,
DC-DC 12V to 5V Mini/Micro/A type USB Dual Converter Step Down Power ATF | eBay
they can charge the cells for torches or the USB power pack can be used to charge phones and the like.
The cells can be picked for for around 3 quids anyway.

Some might have interest??

ive been using these for years in my cree headlamp i use for sea fishing. modern batteries have a fail safe built in so when they get low on charge they switch off , if they get too low they wont recharge ( memory ) . my lamps i buy off ebay for around £10 and come with batteries , usb charger , 12v in car charger , and a mains charger .

Reactions: m80
I use an Opus BT-C3100 charger for my 18650 cells and normal AAs (Eneloops).
It is a little more expensive but is intelligent and can charge at upto 2A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom