16year old killed in hit and run -trace this car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

UKChris

Car
CLK320
I'm sorry to say I missed news of this tragic event when it happened - unfortunately I'm at the other end of the country .

I was particularly touched when I read that Jade was a young firefighter since I too work in FRS .

While it may remain unclear exactly what happened , presumably this vehicle has been identified by witness statements .

Hopefully the driver of this vehicle will be found before long and the circumstances of the incident will be clarified .

In the meantime , I offer my condolences to Jade's family and loved ones .

This happened fairly close to us and on a road I use often. It is a road that does see a high number of accidents as it is dual carriageway but with a number of turnings off into Ringwood and other villages that cause traffic to suddenly slow.

My neighbour has been stopped by the Police twice this week as she drives a silver XC90 although she had no involvement I should point out. The Police were very polite and professional when they spoke with her but absolutely determined to find the driver.

We can only hope the driver of the car has the sense to come forward and help Jade's parents, family and friends find out the truth which will hopefully give them some comfort.

Sunday evening. My guess says the driver had been to the pub.

It is entirely possible that the car was not from the local area and might now be some distance away .

Please keep a look out for a vehicle answering this description with frontal damage , no matter where in the UK you might be , and inform the police if you see what might be the vehicle they are looking for .

Last edited:
I can't get my head round how anyone normal could drive away from these sort of incidents. Or at least not come forward the next day when common sense returns!

Big 4x4 + hit and run = Pikey in all probability - thus it will have been "disposed" of sadly. Unless the area has CCTV that gives a reg number somewhere close by it may prove a long search :(

Somebody , somewhere , MUST know something .

It ought not to be a matter of needing a cash reward to divulge this information .

Alas , I suppose , so many people will have their price :(

South East BBC news at 1.30 today said it was someone from near Ashford - which is only 7 miles from me! Hope they've found the right person - and throw the book at him!

I have also read elsewhere that he was apprehended after attempting to trade the car in , with damage still evident , and the dealer reported him .

ITV news reporting that the driver was banned for drink driving in June last year ; he appeared in court today , facing eight charges including causing death by careless driving ( which carries a maximum 5 years custodial sentence ) and failing to stop .

DM could well be right with his post no 4 above .

Ironically , the accused works in health & safety with the railways - for now !

Jade death: Kent man in court - ITV News

A long custodial sentence should follow if proved guilty. Possibly DUI bearing mind his previous conviction-- Sadly its almost certain others must have known of this pre -accident and chose to ignore it. If so they should be examining their conscious now. :dk:

What a dreadful story.
As mentioned in the news report and in this thread, the accused works in health and safety.Perhaps the authorities and current employer should be scrutinising his working practices as clearly the accused is not fit to operate in such a role.
Not sure how, but there needs to be a mechanism in place that detects when banned drivers continue to drive.

Not sure how, but there needs to be a mechanism in place that detects when banned drivers continue to drive.

I wonder if it would be possible , whenever a driver is banned , for DVLA to put a 'marker' on any vehicle registered to that person , or to their address ?

That way it would be flagged up by ANPR and police could stop the vehicle and check whether it was the banned driver at the wheel .

Even if it only picked up a percentage of banned drivers it would be a start .

Sorry to hear of this whole tragic event and my heart goes out to the victims family but please remember cars like guns don't kill people,people kill people and a more hardline attitude has to be taken by courts to drivers like this.

I wonder if it would be possible , whenever a driver is banned , for DVLA to put a 'marker' on any vehicle registered to that person , or to their address ?

That way it would be flagged up by ANPR and police could stop the vehicle and check whether it was the banned driver at the wheel .

Even if it only picked up a percentage of banned drivers it would be a start .

That is exactly what happens now regarding ANPR.

A disq driver gets caught and goes back to Court.

The first time he gets caught he will get his ban extended.

On his second or more likely third appearance he 'might' get a short prison sentence.

It's not uncommon for individuals to be banned for many years but it doesn't always stop them from driving, even after a spell in prison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom