17" / 18" / 19" Alloys on an E Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gregd

I am about to order a new E320cdi Avantgarde estate and unfortunately can't run to a larger set of alloys than the standard 16" wheels straight away. If I do want to upgrade at a later date will the suspension need uprating too do you think to cope?

Who has a good selection of AMG / Brabus / BBS type larger alloys to fit?

When I ordered my car, I also wanted the 17" wheels, but in the end couldn't justify them. Two reasons, firstly I compared them not side by side and had difficulty seeing the difference, secondly you will not get any more for the car if you sell it as this type of mod will not change the offer.

What put me off was you had to order them in conjunction with the sports suspension or Airmatic which pushed the price up further to £1000 just to go to 17" wheels.

Originally posted by RichardM
What put me off was you had to order them in conjunction with the sports suspension or Airmatic which pushed the price up further to £1000 just to go to 17" wheels.
Just like a Ford or a Vauxhall! What happened to the days when you could have any option you wanted without having to get a "pack" of them? :(

It should be easy to get the 17" wheels, ask the stealership to part-ex your brand new ones in for the wheels you want when your car is delivered.

Greg

I would recommend driving a car with the 17" wheels and sports suspension. I have a E270 avantgarde, which was in the delaers for a few days a couple of weeks back, and they loaned me an E270 with the 17" and sports suspension, and it was like driving a differant car, and too be brutally honest, I think I preferred it... Much beter body control (less roll and pitch), but no real sacrifice in ride comfort or noise....

If I was ordering again today it would definately be on the list...

Malc

Thanks guys

I know what you mean about the 5 spoke 17" wheels not looking that different from the standard 16's in Avantgarde spec. Much as I'd love to upgrade to larger alloys and sports suspension, I've decided to opt for the E320cdi over the E270cdi, so my budget for accessories has got a lot smaller (unless anyone knows where I can do better than 4% off list for the car!).

Hopefully when the tyres are due to be swapped on the car, I'll have some spare funds to upgrade the alloys then, although I'm not sure whether this will necessitate a suspension upgrade too. I like the look of the AMG alloys on the new E55 AMG, and I think they are available as a retro-fit option..

The Brabus Alloys look cool too (and I'd definitely fancy them if I go for a Brabus diesel tuning upgrade..anyone else thinking of this?), but are eye-wateringly expensive..

G.

Originally posted by gregd
The Brabus Alloys look cool too (and I'd definitely fancy them if I go for a Brabus diesel tuning upgrade..anyone else thinking of this?), but are eye-wateringly expensive..

I'd love to do both, get the D4 chip and also a set of Brabus alloys. I think they look better than the AMG's. The sports exhaust looks good too. Maybe after I get some money together, (win the lottery, rob a bank etc).

Last edited:
Have thougt about the D3 upgrade if the car lacks performance. I'm upgrading from a petrol 145bhp car so I might not see a performance requirement since my previous car was adequate for me. D3/D4 uprades are not very expensive..around 1.5K for D3 and u get 1 yr warranty from Brabus. Not sure about the Merc warranty....the gorners in wigan will be Merc dealers as well as Brabus from Jan 04 so may honour each if problems occur.

The monoblocks look VERY cool...but for 3K not sure if I'd want to upgrade from 16".

18`s all the time, every e-class ive seen with 18`s looks lurvley!

Hi there,

Firstly hello to all the members, I am new here and this is my first post.

The vehicle looks really good on 17" alloys and especialy with the sports suspension, which lowers the car by around 10mm. The ride is a little firmer than with the std 16" set up, but I would go for it

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom