17" Mercedes AMG Aero 1 alloy wheels, Very Rare, Volkswagen Audi W124 190e

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
not trying to be one of those unhelpful people who say ' its already been discussed' as i know people dont search the site before they post something.

these are for sale by a forum member in the general section, check out his recaro seats they are well cool

really nice wheels, how much do you think these are worth, i just missed out on 16's that were (until they were scrapped) very similar

Is that chap a member than?Very interested on the seats

With the refurb but without (hard to find) centre caps = I'd say £400 to £600ish.

Lack of centre caps is a problem, they are not standard Mercedes certre cap size, these are pre merger wheels and would have come with blank discs.

The seats are worth a bundle though, I'd be surprised if they don't get close to 4 figures.

Last edited:
Have loved those seats from way back in the 80s when I saw a set of grey velour ones in John Brown Wheels in Southampton, those seem to have a slightly different shape bottom squabs from what I remember.
Might have bid on these for my C43, get them retrimmed through the centre to match the Designio interior in the 43, or keep them completly black and swap my rear seat for my C230k rear seat.
Decisions decisions.

Yes.

Classic
jaymanek-albums-my-300te-3-4-amg-picture5192-amgte67.jpg

Ideal

wide166.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe it's the bottle of wine I've had but I'm looking at the images above and apart from the colour those seats look the same to me.

Hi there, I am the seller. I am still unsure as to how you distinguish between the two Recaro's? Would be helpful if you could clarify this. Thanks.

Hi there, I am the seller. I am still unsure as to how you distinguish between the two Recaro's? Would be helpful if you could clarify this. Thanks.

From what I can make out the seats are very similar if not identicle, but the Classic C's have Classic C written on the button consoles and the Ideals have three blue button's for the air release insead of black....

Keep them, you will be kicking yourself forever!

Oh and dont sell them for a penny under a £1K if you do sell!

Last edited:
The side bolsters are different and the buttons are different but not a lot else... I think its just that the ideals came out a lot earlier. You often see them on 70's AMG tuned cars whereas the Classics are more generally found on late 80's cars.

Tlabir would know the differences but I can definately tell you these are Ideals.

Keep them, you will be kicking yourself forever!

Oh and dont sell them for a penny under a £1K if you do sell!

I honestly don't want to get rid of these considering the time, money and the amount of dreaming invested into these... Just fooling myself into thinking once my business is up and running making silly money I then should be able to buy the actual cars the Recaro's were found in... :doh:

Agree with Jay, the main difference is with the seat squab bolsters which tend to go to a peak on the ideals and only have one row of stitching at the top. The classic has a flat top with stitching along both edges and that little classic tag.
To be honest as I'm sure Jay can testify apart from the age difference they both hold you in place as effectively as each other. Both great seats and a shame Recaro don't make them anymore.

Thanks, am a little more familiar now with the differences.

Classic:

P41517731.jpg

Ideal:

Buttons.png

As mentioned:

1. The side base bolsters are different. The ideals are more curved and peak, with only one row of stitching at the top. Whereas the Classic has a flat top with stitching along both edges and a Classic logo on the console.

2. The airmatic buttons on the ideals are blue whereas classics are black.

3. The knobs on the Classics have cover plates. (although just noticed on my Ideal's there are couple covers on them, anyone care to explain this?? :confused:)

4. Classic's are more or less a facelift version. Although in my opinion the Ideal's give off a little more retro'ish feel about them, but then I would say that..

5. The console's face the opposite direction.

All in all nothing major, just small details.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom